Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any ideas...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:22 am

Well... we have just (i think) got rid of whitespot. It wasn't bad, by any means but one of our Aceii Ngara died. We have been using WS3 to rid the tank of the whitespot.
We noticed another Aceii going the same way. When we got up this morning we couldn't see him. We have had to take out every rock...all 60kg of it! We found him dead under the filter. Now we have a third one going the same way... here's a pic

Any ideas... AceiiNgara3
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:29 am

Oh MC this is bad news. Is that white on his flank part of his colouration or disease?
Back to top Go down

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:21 am

how ling have you had these now MC, are these the ones you've just got recently -sorry am not keeping up to date with all the fishy buys!
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:03 am

Ah no, the poor fellow. Silly question I'm sure but have you tested the water just to be sure the ammonia and nitrite levels are ok? silent
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:57 pm

Yes... all levels are am - 0, ni - 0 na - around 5

We had these on 22nd Nov, only seems to be the Aceii Ngara that are having problems.
I guess it was a cyst, it popped last night and left a hole in his side, he's dead No

ps. sorry Diana.. the white was the disease, he was a beautiful jet black fish with white fin tips & tail

Last edited by on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:29 pm

I am wonderingg if its the WS3 that is the cause of the problems, not all meds are suitable for all fish,

sorry I cant think of anything more than that
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:34 pm

We tried WS3 as a last resort, initially treated with Interpet no.6 which appeared to do nothing. Needless to say the whitespot has gone, lol

I had a PM on another forum, someone who had the same fish from the same brood, from the same, very reputable breeder also lost some of her fish with the same symptoms. Makes me feel better that they probably came with it & it's not me or my water.
Touch wood, everyone else looks ok swimming/eating normally etc.

Thanks for the replies guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:17 am

Awww, so sorry to hear about the Aceii ngara - he was such a beautiful fish. I sincerely hope that's the last of your casualites, M.C. Sad
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 12:39 am

Well thanks for the replies.. all is looking well this morning. The yellow lab i thought had swallowed her eggs appears not to have done & there is some spawning behind the rocks with the other labs this morning. The dominant male is trying to get 'jiggy' with anyone who's yellow, lol Wink
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:11 am

Very Happy Good news in that tank then Munchy which is good to hear
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:55 am

Yes Diana... lets hope so. My favourite fuelleborni is hiding in the rocks but as we took out every rock the other night they have been built differently to how they were so I think they're all trying to find new territories. It keeps them on their toes, lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:43 am

The above mentioned fuelleborni was swimming upside down when we got back home yesterday. He tried to swim away when we put the net in. Still had to take out a fair few rocks to get him out.
He's now died.

We've been treating for 3 days with Octozin tabs & even the yellow lab that is showing her ribs through not eating has now started to eat & looks as though she's geting some of her strength back.
We soaked some of their food in some of the meds, I hope it's done the trick, nobody else seems to be having problems.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:48 am

Oh MC, this is such a shame. What are the Octozin tabs for? Is it for the whitespot still or have I missed something ( probably!!)
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:58 am

Well the octozin treat conditions such as malawi bloat & internal parasites. This was a last resort as we still had some issues after the whitespot had cleared.
We have been starving them since friday but then when we mixed the octozin tablets in some tank water, we added them to the tank, keeping a little bit in the jug & then soaked a small amount of food in it.
It's a 3day course which was finished last night so I'm hoping we wont have to do another course.
As it was mainly only the aceii showing signs of whitespot, i guess that was due to them having internal problems & being weak to begin with scratch
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:01 am

You've certainly had your hands full with these haven't you! It's good that the ich didn't spread though so well done on that, hope it all settles down now for you.
Back to top Go down

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 4:08 am

bad luck mc, hope the new year gives you lots of healthy fishies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:01 am

Hi Very Happy
Had a busy few days with family visiting etc.

Things seem to have settled (touch wood) and no more death.
We have moved the holding female into the kitchen so will go and update the other thread and put a pic Wink

This was the little fella that died on Christmas Day

Any ideas... FuelleborniBlue-1
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 7:50 am

Ah, what a shame, he is a lovely little fish too. Sad
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:00 am

I know... wel'll be investing in another one or two of them, not just yet, want to sex the ones we've got 1st.. hoping it's not 2 males/1 female or there will be another death.
He was my favourite. He went quick tho, bless him :|
Back to top Go down

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:57 am

That's a shame MC, just catching up on this thread so a bit late replying. Wjhat a great looking little fish that was though, lovely colouration.

have you replaced him yet?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:34 am

hi guppy... we haven't replaced him yet, just letting things settle.
We buy our fish from a certain breeder so we'll wait until we get an idead of any others we want & get them at the same time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas...   Any ideas... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any ideas...
Page 1 of 1