Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:50 am

Just looked in my tank to find i have babies!! Im ASSUMING theyre platys cos my orange platy was a bit pot bellied, but so was my cochu blue tetra (i have 2) but could their eggs of gone undetected by me and also the dwarf puffers i have in there? Could also be dwarf puffers as they all seem WAY to fat to me compared to the ones in the shops??

Also should I:
A. Move my last remaining dwarf puffer into my smallest tank (30l) he'll be in there on his own.
B. Leave everyone where they are cos the babies are already hiding in my hair algae (actually being used for something rather than making my tank look horrid!!) and also my overgrown pondweed.

Im going to Cornwall tomoz for a few days (coming back wed) so noone will be feeding my tanks (apart from Ps cos i dont want them to eat my plecs!) so will the babies be ok with whats in the tank? Its been set up for 7 months.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:34 pm

It will be easier to leave them wont it? There would be more bits of food etc for them to live off as welll I would have thought.

Have a really great holiday - I love Cornwall, it's a lovely part of the country.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:53 am

just got back, didnt move anything in tank, and i didnt mean move the babies i meant move the puffer lol
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:29 am

UPDATE

Babies got eaten when i put in the albino tiger barbs, but upon moving a couple of plants i found some TINIER ones!!!!

I bought breeding net thing (bad i know!!) cos i actually want to keeps these ones and the babies just cant hide from the barbs. Ive managed to catch 5 so far lol, theyre so cute. Wonder wot colours they'll be
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:10 pm

What babies are they phishy?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:26 pm

I'm assuming they're platties Diana... we'll have to wait & see :lol:
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:27 am

yes, platties, unless tiger barbs or tetras are livebearers Razz cos there defo wasnt any eggs
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:07 am

I didnt know if the betta's had been doing their thing! :lol:
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:11 pm

The thing is...they will keep on breeding phishy. It might be worth sourcing a LFS who might trade them for food etc in the future :lol:
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 pm

I think the Tiger Barbs will take care of that issue, MC...IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! 1
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:31 pm

the barbs killed the male platy and remaining dwarf puffer lol so theres no chance of her breeding much more, also the male fighter died so thats the tank with neons in now. Although 8 of them have also keeled over so i have 4 now lol
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:32 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:24 pm

its a masacre!!!
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:20 am

lol i know, although male fighter and 8 neons was from one tank, puffers and platy from another. Checked water stats and everythings fine. Guess im just another one to suffer from weak neon syndrome lol
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:16 am

Update on baby fishies, still got 5 in the net trap thing to keep them away from the tiger barbs. BUT upon feeding them today i noticed a NEW fish!! When i looked more closely it was a baby platy and must of been from the original fry that i thought had got eaten. It was about 2-3cm long, then i noticed another one about 1-2cm long. I cant believe theyve gone unnoticed all this time (since middle of june) and didnt even spot them when trying to catch the new set of fry and the plants were being moved around an awful lot.

ATM the smaller one looks as though its going to be orange (like its mummy) but the bigger one is a sort of bronzy color so maybe turn the shade of blue/silver like its daddy.

Who knows, but the babies are really growing now, not so transparant and they come to the surface and eat now too, so fingers crossed everyone
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:38 am

good news
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!   IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IVE GOT BABIES IVE GOT BABIES!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1