Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blitzing tank

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Blitzing tank Empty
PostSubject: Blitzing tank   Blitzing tank Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:42 pm

I am going to completely re do the tank today, strip it down, wash everything, clean all the gravel boil, the wood, the lot. I am hoping if I do that I might get rid of whatever is causing my fish to die with burst bellies.

I am not sure what I should do with the filter though. If there is something lurking in the tank, couldn't it also be in the filter? If I change the foam in the filter I have to then cycle the tank with fish.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

Blitzing tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitzing tank   Blitzing tank Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:09 am

i dont envy you doing that Diana. i suppose if there is something in the tank then it would be in the filter too.

i dont know if it wouldnt be easier just to carry on the treatment for internal parasite but carry it on for a bit longer?

Hasnt this mainly affected livebearers (apart from the neon), perhaps its something to do with that?
Back to top Go down

Blitzing tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitzing tank   Blitzing tank Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:10 am

Hope that goes well Diana, it must be a nightmare to even think of!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Blitzing tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitzing tank   Blitzing tank Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 am

Well another fish has died today - a female cherry barb. I am really concerned about this.

It has been suggested that I dont blitz it but get some treatment for parasites - I have been treating for internal bacteria banghead , so I will do that tomorrow and hope that that works.

I suppose that if it is something going round the tank, all the fish have been swimming round so will probably all be affected.
Back to top Go down

Blitzing tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitzing tank   Blitzing tank Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:07 am

Sounds really bad this Diana, hope you get some luck with it soon.
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Blitzing tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitzing tank   Blitzing tank Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:21 am

How did things go Diana...sorry to hear you have had so many probs Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Blitzing tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitzing tank   Blitzing tank Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:48 am

Well, I havent had any more deaths over the past few days. I still have a molly with a distended abdomen, but she seems ok at the minute.

I keep looking at the tank expecting to see her floating at the top of the tank, but so far so good.

It's now been nicknamed 'The Alien' tank! first smiley
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Blitzing tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitzing tank   Blitzing tank Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:04 am

Lol... what with you & Mary's tank of doom, i don't know.

We have had a gourami disappear while we were away, haven't found the body so it must of been eaten.
My mum rang me on holiday to say the black fish that looks like a newt was sitting on the bottom of the tank. She had sat for ages staring at it, waiting for it to move.
Bless her...it was the plec hahaha

What is spooky tho... we had been back home for about ½hour & the pump on the fry tank just went off. Lucky it wasnt while we were away Shocked It was a bit clogged, i'd never of been able to talk my Mum thru that one, lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Sponsored content

Blitzing tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitzing tank   Blitzing tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blitzing tank
Page 1 of 1