Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What kind of Aquarium fish is best?

Go down 
+5
Fishfan
shera456
dekker
Diana
dreamwaves
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dreamwaves
dreamwaves

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-01

fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Now, the aquarium I’m looking at is a Tall Glass Aquarium 10 Gallon Tank (14 x 12 x 18"). What are some Freshwater fish that could good for my tank?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Hiya, and welcome to the forum.

As your tank is on the small size, then how about some of the smaller shoaling fish - male guppies for example are colourful and would be great in a tank that size.

Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:57 am

hi dreamwaves

neons make i nice display in a tank that size. i have harlequins in one of my tanks and they are stunning. have a good luck on the net for something you like also try your lfs, they should have a good choice.
p.s. plz feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about ideas and tank. wave
Back to top Go down
shera456
shera456

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:18 pm

Since its a small tank I would advice you to get some neon tetras.
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:04 am

hiya shera wave

I like neons but they seem to be a weak bunch. A bit like guppies I think you have to buy a bunch of them and just hope some survive for any length of time.
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:00 am

My mum has a 20liter biorb cube which is also 'taller' than it is wide (apparently not a great idea for fish so id suggest an airpump if you dont already have one)

She has male guppys - which are great little characters - if you get a good stock - some are weak and die easily - very iinbred sadly but dont let this deter you.

Neons are nice too BUT tend to stick to the bottom of the tank - so the two together are are a great mix - they wont bother each other in anyway.

Cherry barbs are also an option - as too are checkered barbs (no more than 6 of each tho in that sized tank) - and when the tank is well established (6months to a year) you could add a few otos too (little tiny catfish)

Another option for a tiny fish that is very colourful is something called an Endler - they are like dwarf guppy - very tiny but oh so pretty but maybe a consideration for when the tank is fully cycled and stable - as too are Galaxy Rasbora (sometimes called celestial danios) - they are quite expensive and were hard to come by but im seeing lots around these days - these too are very pretty little fish

Hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
julia99

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:04 pm

I would suggest buying some guppies for your little tank. They are very colorful as well.
Back to top Go down
tamey22

Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm

I think catfish is the best for Aquarium.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm

I would suggest you stop spamming the site and go somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Newjack

Registration date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Go for the neon tetras and guppies because your tank is a small size one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of Aquarium fish is best?   fish - What kind of Aquarium fish is best? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of Aquarium fish is best?
Page 1 of 1