Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paradise Fish

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

fish - Paradise Fish Empty
PostSubject: Paradise Fish   fish - Paradise Fish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:03 am

The female Honey Gourami in my 90L tank recently died so thatafforded me the opportunity to rearrange my stock. I moved the long banished male Honey Gourami into the 90L tank and went off to the LFS today to see what I could put into the 28L tank instead. I came home with the most beautiful male Paradise Fish, a species I've long admired but rarely seen. He's settling in well to his little planted palace and this is a photo from Google just to show you how beautiful the species is. yay

fish - Paradise Fish Paradise_fish-1
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Fish   fish - Paradise Fish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:52 am

Thats a nice looking fish Mary. Are they ok as singles? I dont know anything about them.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Fish   fish - Paradise Fish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:21 am

Unlike Bettas where solitary confinement is preferable but not mandatory, the male Paradise Fish have to be kept on their own as they can be quite vicious - mine is with Otos and Amano Shrimp, both of which are some of the few species that can coexist with one. They're some good info on here if you're interested. Wink

Btw, the male Honey Gourami can't believe his good fortune that he's part of a community again... Smile

Last edited by Mary on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Fish   fish - Paradise Fish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:41 pm

sorry to hear you lost your honey gourami mary, - but you have got a fantastic replacement there he is a handsome chap

dekker
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Fish   fish - Paradise Fish Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:03 am

Isn't he just? I've named him Milton, as in John Milton who wrote "Paradise Lost." Geddit?? crazy
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Fish   fish - Paradise Fish Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:02 pm

yes we do lol! nice name mary - for a great looking fish

dekker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Fish   fish - Paradise Fish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paradise Fish
Page 1 of 1