Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

clown loach

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

clown loach Empty
PostSubject: clown loach   clown loach Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:24 am

i have been treating my 230 litre tank since two weeks before christmas for whitespot i had used interpret but it didnt seem to be doing anything so i ordered king british ws from the internet which came last friday so i give the tank a really good clean because i have 3 clown loach 2 are about 3 inches and 1 is about 2 inches they are the ones covered in whitespot i havent seen one of the bigger clowns for over a week so when i cleaned out the tank i moved the ornament that they live under to see if i could find it i thought it was dead and that it would contaminate the water i couldnt find the loach anywhere i took the tank apart and there was no sign of it so i thought that my plec had eaten it . yesterday morning when i got up my smaller clown was dead i give a second dose to the tank and the last loach was up and about eating but he looked lost on his own . this morning when i got up there were two clowns swimming round the tank i could not believe that the second clown was out i turned the tank upside down looking for it so i still have two but will carry on treating the tank until they are clear
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

clown loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: clown loach   clown loach Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:30 am

Oh, well it's good news that the fish turned up anyway alison.

munchycarrot recently has had an outbreak of ich too and found the Interpet treatment didn't work for her either!

I hope all the rest of the fish do ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

clown loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: clown loach   clown loach Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:24 am

IME Protozin is very effective for treating Whitespot as I only had to use the one course of treatment to clear an outbreak a couple of months ago but AFAIK you have to half-dose for loaches.

Btw, clown loaches are notorious for being prone to Whitespot so even when the outbreak clears up, I'd still keep a close eye on them in case you have a recurrent episode. Smile
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

clown loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: clown loach   clown loach Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Sorry to hear about the loach alison..ich is a PITA ! I got mine cleared up using the King British WS3 but as Mary said.. the Waterlife Protozin is very good and I would of gone with that but couldn't get hold of any quick enough :|
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

clown loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: clown loach   clown loach Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:39 am

nobody sells it around here p@h only sell the intepret so i got the king british off the internet no other fish in the tank have anything and today the clowns are free of spots but i give the tank another dose anyway the interpret was doing nothing at all
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

clown loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: clown loach   clown loach Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:51 am

Do you have to keep dosing for a while to make sure it has all gone alison, or do you think you are clear now?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

clown loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: clown loach   clown loach Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:00 am

Just make sure you complete the course, alison. The parasite has a ten day life cycle so keep an eye on the fish for the next two weeks or so to check for any further symptoms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

clown loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: clown loach   clown loach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

clown loach
Page 1 of 1