Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!

Go down 
+2
Diana
biggreeny_101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-07-20

newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Empty
PostSubject: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:48 am

hey guys
its been a while since i actualy got on and said hi.

but the bigest lot of news is i just aquired a female jag @ about 25-30cms
i realy felt sorry for her as she was in a tank with a saratoga, dovii and other very aggresive cichlids. and she was definatly on the recieving end. and needed a new home.

so after a bit of convincing and $30 i now am the proud owner of this beutifull girl.

newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! 100_0610

at first my oscar was a bit nervous about her so tryed on the tuff guy approch and she subbmitted to him but after about an hour she quickly asserted herself just to say "im bigger than you (alot bigger!!!) so if you leave me alone i will leave you alone"

so now im off to look at another tank 6ft minimum as im running out of room.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Oh wow, what a great fish!

Well done on you for getting her - although I have a sneaking suspicion that it was part of a sneakky plan to get a new tank Smile
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:03 pm

She's lovely, are you going to try and get a male?
Back to top Go down
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:22 pm

shhh that was half the plan on the new tank lol!

would love to get a male but its actualy realy hard to get jags here and also to get them to pair up as they can be quite agressive towards eachother while breeding.

if i can i will thats for sure..... but i do know that if i do try to get a breeding pair going i will have to get a 6ft just for the pair and a divider that would alow her to escape the male when needed.
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Good Luck then! They are lovely fish, our LFS had a breeding pair in a while back but I'd no room.
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:08 pm

nice buy B.G thats a lovely fish - a 6 ft tank wish i had room for one

dekker
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:21 am

What a beautiful fish. Good for you for rescuing her. cheers
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Thats a cracking fish bg - good to hear from you again. HAve uou got your new tank now or are you still looking? I dont know these fish - is this the maximum size they grow?
Back to top Go down
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:53 pm

no new tank yet but still looking. i think she will prob reach 30cm if it was a male im pretty sure they get bigger.
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:07 pm

she's a beauty B.G an absolutely lovely fish looking forward to some more photos mate

dekker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!   newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

newest addition but now i DO need a bigger tank!
Page 1 of 1