Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Made my mind Up

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Made my mind Up Empty
PostSubject: Made my mind Up   Made my mind Up Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:58 pm

After having a bit of a think, I have decided what I am going to do with my nre tank (I think!!).

I was thinking of getting all brand new fish for this tank, but have decided that I am going to transfer my current fish into this one and just add to them - new breeds and add to the current ones too maybe.

I quite like the fish I have so would like to add some more of them, more BN's /corys, some oto's maybe, and maybe some rams or Ive seen on line some fish called 5 banded barb or something like that and I,like the look of them too.

I'll then decide what to do with the smaller tank but fancy having a single species in there.

What do you think - sound a decent idea?
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Made my mind Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made my mind Up   Made my mind Up Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:04 am

In a 240L tank - ypucould go for bigger species (make sure smaller fish wont be scoffed)

2 BNs would be fine - i wouldnt advise any more than two - you cant guarnatee male/female when they are young - if you get two - and end up with a pair then great - if you end up with 2 females then thats fine as too are two males (just about) but two female and one male - well - he wont be happy - as the females push the males aropund at breeding time (aint that always the way Very Happy) and I seriouslt think he'd get stressed.

5 banded barbs are nice - my LFS regularly has them - although I think tiger barbs have more character (in a tank of 240L you can have a shoal and they will keep any agro to their own kind - I have a shoal of 10 and they are np bother at all) - really - the world is your oyster right now

You Could even keep angelfsih in the 240

You could use the 90liter for Rams or kribs - they will breed in there but not like flies (like the shellies apparantly do)

Anyway - lots of options out their Wink
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

Made my mind Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made my mind Up   Made my mind Up Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 5:23 am

I think that's a good idea, Fishfan. If I ever get a four foot tank, that's what I plan on doing - moving the three foot tank stock in there and then adding to it plus possibly turning the three foot into a marine tank but that's waayy down the line. Wink
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Made my mind Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made my mind Up   Made my mind Up Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:37 am

nice idea F.F like the barbs myself - but i like my gouramis a bit more so elegant

but whatever you get pics plz mate.

dekker
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

Made my mind Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made my mind Up   Made my mind Up Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:08 am

Glad youve come to a decision FF. All you have to do now is decide what you are going to keep in your smaller tank Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Made my mind Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made my mind Up   Made my mind Up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Made my mind Up
Page 1 of 1