Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOR ELVIS???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:43 am

Hi chez, as I am very worried about Elvis and the traumas you keep inflicting oin him, I wondered if he would like some of these in his tank Smile

I have read that some oscars love to have a play of these. They are only cheap, and he seems to have a constant supply of them - Ive just received 2 bags of 5 little balls, and have them in both my tanks now.

No doubt Elvis would be scared of them though Smile

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marimo-Moss-Balls-5-FOR-6-50-FREE-DELIVERY_W0QQitemZ380106691724QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item380106691724&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:15 am

I have Moss Balls in my tank too. As well as being decorative, they help to keep the nitrate level down and the fish/shrimp seem to like picking at them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:18 am

Do these things take root, or do they just float about in the tank - not sure whether to get some or not?

How many do you put in a tank?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:24 am

You can add as many as you like, Fishfan. I have 2-3 in the larger tanks and just one in the smaller tanks. They tend to get rolled about by the fish but don't put down roots and they stay on the bottom of the tank. Wink
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:14 pm

They are weird little things - they were bobbing all over the tank like things demented when I did my water changes last night Smile
Back to top Go down

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:46 pm

Thanks Diane Just bought some
Very Happy
lord only knows what he will think when i drop them in
Shocked
I asked at a few l.f.s last week about them,
but they l@@ked at me as if i was not right..... crazy
well maybe they was right.lol
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Just make sure you give them a good squeezing in a bit of old tank water before dropping them in otherwise they bob about on the surface and will freak him out Smile
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:48 am

OK - every so often - moss balls float to the surface for a while before dropping back down tot he substrate again. Something to do with gas exchange or something.

Anyway - they dont make roots as such - and float about - i did have some and have ordered some to replace them.

They are great for soaking up nitrates and phosphates - thus preventing algae from benefitting - although technically moss balls are algae.

Anwya - if elvis doesnt like them - they are cheap and disposable and you can probably sell them to someone on here
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:41 am

Just ordered a bunch of these Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FOR ELVIS??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ELVIS???   FOR ELVIS??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOR ELVIS???
Page 1 of 1