Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ONLINE SHOPS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:27 pm

I have been looking at my local fish shops now that I have moved, and dont think much of them. There is a P@H 20mins drive away but dont want to use them so I was wondering whether anyone had ever ordered fish from online shops?

I am a bit worried about ordering stock I havent seen and also about putting the fish through being packaged up and sent through the post - anyone got first hand experience of this?
Back to top Go down

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:01 am

I havent ever used online shops for fish fishfan, always gone and picked them myself. I think I would be a bit concerned about leaving it to someone else to select what fish you have - they could just pick the sick ones to get rid of them couldnt they?
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:07 am

I guess so, but i think the best ones would only send good quality dunno . I think Munchy might have used some online shops - I might send her a pm and see Smile
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-12

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 am

I used one of the better known online fish shops trimar

http://www.trimar.co.uk/

I got my Galaxy rasboras from here - the fish were amzingly well packed and very healthy (not had any losses) - and the guys are very very very very helpful on the phone

Just be sure you are in when the delivery arrives and be more careful about transfering the fish - the box is heavy as they add empty bags of water to help retain some heat in the box (my box had 1 bag of fish - 5 empty bags of water

Many of you know what a fussy swine I am - and I would certainly use trimar again and again and again Very Happy

There iste is quite good too (lots of info if you hunt it down)

Hope this helps/inspires confidence (i was very dubious on my 1st online order)
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:06 am

You!!! Fussy!!!!??

Surely not Shocked

Smile
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 am

I have had fish delivered but from a breeder I know & trust. He sends them overnight by courier and charges around £18 for the delivery which includes heat packs & a huge poly box.
He breeds and sells cichlids so not worth me posting the link but if anyone wants it - ask me, lol... i have about 200 fry going Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:19 am

Do you regularly have a load to sell MC, and do you ever find yourself having to hold on to fish you dont really want to??
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:24 am

Yes & yes, we have around 200 fry growing up at the moment. We are thinking about more filtration in their tank to cope with the waste. We are water changing about 25% a day to keep the levels at 0-0-15 ish.
I have just placed an add on AC to try & move some on. I have someone coming next week from s.wales for 18+, i hope she takes more Smile
Back to top Go down

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:29 am

Time for more tanks MC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:39 am

lol, my house size wont allow it charley, i have 2 tanks in the shed with filters heaters etc & nowhere to put them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ONLINE SHOPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLINE SHOPS   ONLINE SHOPS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ONLINE SHOPS
Page 1 of 1