Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A morning of water changes

Go down 
+2
Diana
munchycarrot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

A morning of water changes Empty
PostSubject: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 am

I tested the fry tank for ammonia last night and it had a reading of 1.0!! Shocked

We had a pump failure as the water level was a bit low due to condensation & the pump came to a stop during the night.
I can only change 10L at a time as the new tiny fry are in the net at the top & i don't want to be moving them around just yet. The 'toddler' fry are underneath them & big fry in the other side. I've been taking one bucket out, one bucket in for about 3 hrs, lol. It's back to 0 now & i'm testing regularly.
I've got the big tank to do a 50% w/c on now, suppose i'd best get off here & do it! Might encourage a bit of spawning eyebrows
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:41 am

Thats a pain. So youve got 3 lots of fry in the one tank - that must take a bit of sorting out!

Glad it's all ok now though
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 2:01 am

I have a divider, one side with interruptus, labs, fuelleborni & mpanga fry all about an inch & ½ big (about 45)
In the other side, fuelleborni, mpanga & socolofi (30 ish) & in the floating net above them - 26 interruptus & 6 labs Shocked
It has a juwel filter, fluval 1 & a sponge filter in the side with the tiny ones.

I've got my little 30L & all the big babies for sale on AC so if i get rid of them i'll get another 2ft tank to go under the table below the other tank
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:18 am

Thats sounds like a complex tank!! I dont have to do WCs any more Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:17 am

That's some set up munchy, well done for getting it all sorted.
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:19 am

Thanks guys, it's not really tbh. It sounds it. I'll pull my finger out & take a pic tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:27 am

More great pics to look forward too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:35 am

I know th feeling MC..I got a WC due too my tank is rather dirty an the dam clown pleco has left wood shavings all over the place!!!

I have crap on my plant so im gonna do a thorough clean down Sunday..take all items out and clean all gravel etc may do a 50% change or more.

BTW......I have a 54L tank for shell dwellers Juwel Rekord 60!!!
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:12 am

A bit of Spring cleaning going on there GD - I could do with doing that myself, but the barby calls. Life's hard aint it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:27 am

How's your water now MC?

Dave, you bought a new tank? Excellent Smile
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:43 am

It seems to have settled now thanks indi. I changed 20L this morning & rescued a little nipper that was swimming with the big boys (in danger of getting eaten) All 0-0 thankfully Wink

I need a 2ft for under the kitchen table. I think mine will be a clearseal with a plain lid & no lights, I want a sponge filter in it so the tiny babies can grow on in there.
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:01 am

How many tanks will that make MC?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:37 am

I'm still on 3, after getting rid of all my community fish we freed up the 180L for growing on fry (pics in the other thread - moving around)
I might still go for a 2ft with a sponge filter as the new fry are too small to go in the 70L with the 'pre-school' growing on. They are in a breeding net atm but it's not ideal. We have 3 more females holding in the main tank so in 2 weeks we'll have another load of fry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A morning of water changes   A morning of water changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A morning of water changes
Page 1 of 1