Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tank Cleaning

Go down 
+3
Matty
indigoj
Fishfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Tank Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Tank Cleaning   Tank Cleaning Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:08 am

Can I just ask what you all do to keep you tank glass clean? I have got small round dotty marks of dark green gunk on the inside of my tank. I wipe off the normal muck with a bit of sponge, but this doesnt budge and I dont want to scratch the glass. I have heard good things about the magnetic cleaners, but have also read that they can cause scratches, so what do you all do - get the Windolene out?? :lol:
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Tank Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Cleaning   Tank Cleaning Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:31 am

I've got what looks like a mini windscreen squidgy thing with a long handle - it has sponge on one side and a rubber strip for more stubborn marks.
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Tank Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Cleaning   Tank Cleaning Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:40 am

I've got what indigoj has but i use a scouring sponge (if i am correct with the name) and a lot of elbow grease Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Tank Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Cleaning   Tank Cleaning Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:38 am

I use a Tetratec glass scrapper doesnt mark the glass and I have no problems removing anything so far.
Back to top Go down
whistler
whistler

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Tank Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Cleaning   Tank Cleaning Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:48 pm

What about the magnetic glass cleaners???
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Tank Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Cleaning   Tank Cleaning Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 am

There is supposed to be a problem with them whistler. I havent used them, but many say that small bits of sand or muck can get trapped under them and end up scratching the glass.

Whether it is any more likely with magnetic than others I dont know though dunno
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Tank Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Cleaning   Tank Cleaning Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:43 am

Matty wrote:
i use a scouring sponge (if i am correct with the name) and a lot of elbow grease

Ditto. That's what I used to do but I've decided not to bother anymore as it's fairly persistent and not really noticeable unless you're up close to the glass... Rolling Eyes

whistler wrote:
What about the magnetic glass cleaners???

A bit fiddly to use and rubbish at doing what they claim IME. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tank Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Cleaning   Tank Cleaning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tank Cleaning
Page 1 of 1