Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

First question Empty
PostSubject: First question   First question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:26 pm

Well I promise that I will try and keep the questions to a minimum, but here goes with the first one.

I went to my local aquarium shop - it sells only fish, tanks and so on, and saw this tank -

http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/660084/category/1214.html

It looks really nice when you see it, but I am wondering if it ok as a starter tank? I dont know if it is too big or if I need to start with a smaller tank and get used to being a fishkeeper first?

Also, this company deliver and it is cheaper than the shop. Has anyone ever used them - are they ok?

Thanks for any help. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

First question Empty
PostSubject: Re: First question   First question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:18 pm

That looks a good tank elj. The main thing is - can you afford it & will it fit into where you want it to go in your room? You cant put tanks near a window btw, so bear that in mind, as well as the fact that even when they are empty they are very heavy, so it is not easy to rearrange things once their in place.

ithink its a good size tank tbh. i havent used this shop for stuff but i think its been going a while so should be ok.

go for it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

First question Empty
PostSubject: Re: First question   First question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:40 pm

That looks like a great size to start off with, Elj as it gives you loads of options for stocking. I've used Seapets before and found them to be very reliable. They also have a very good Customer Care service as once I accidentally ordered the wrong item and they replaced it no problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

First question Empty
PostSubject: Re: First question   First question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:23 am

Fluval are great!! I'm getting the Roma 240 later. Deff go for it great tanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Sponsored content

First question Empty
PostSubject: Re: First question   First question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First question
Page 1 of 1