Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not really an Emergency

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Not really an Emergency Empty
PostSubject: Not really an Emergency   Not really an Emergency Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:50 pm

But I thought I'd start this section off!

Silly question but I'd like an answer if there is one.

My Black Moor fish is constantly pooing - and I mean CONSTANTLY!! It has a continuous stream of poo dangling from its rear end 24 hours a day. About 3" long, when a bit breaks off it is replaced by more, like some sort of pooey conveyor belt!

I thought it might be constipated although they do get veggies once a week, but I gave them a bit more just in case - no difference - so now I am going to starve them. They are normally fed a small amount of flake once a day.

The other Goldie is not doing it so I dont know why the black one is, and for its size it is quite excessive - any ideas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not really an Emergency   Not really an Emergency Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:15 pm

Well that's me doing without a breakfast today Not really an Emergency 36977
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Not really an Emergency   Not really an Emergency Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:36 pm

Lovely. I was just having my breakfast too... hahaha

Maybe cut down on the feeding a bit, Diana and see if that sorts it out. I only feed my goldies every other day and I haven't noticed this...yet! :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not really an Emergency   Not really an Emergency Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:19 pm

My goldie's do this as well, two of them more than others, so far I have tried almost starving them and feeding peas etc but all that does is leave a green string trailing Not really an Emergency 36977. So as they have been fine for the past 3 years I am now assuming that its just something some of them do.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Not really an Emergency   Not really an Emergency Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:34 pm

Thanks for that Gypsy. I guess it's just something that I'll have to get used to looking at.

Unfortunately, after a rearrangement of my living room, my favourite chair is now right next to their tank! Wrong move there I think Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not really an Emergency   Not really an Emergency Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Time for another rearrange of your living room then Diana? :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not really an Emergency   Not really an Emergency Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not really an Emergency
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FISH A&E :: FISH EMERGENCY :: COLDWATER EMERGENCIES-
Jump to: