Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

and so we start again!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

and so we start again! Empty
PostSubject: and so we start again!   and so we start again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 pm

Finally got the house sorted the way we want, all seems settled for the mo so can finally sit and think about getting my new tank. I want a decent sized on but wonder how much is the best (easiest to maintain) to get.

dont want to get one where the water changes are a nightmare to do as it will be in the front room and it will all have to be acrried by bucket.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: and so we start again!   and so we start again! Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 5:31 am

I'd say keep it around 150-200L, because tanks smaller than that need more care as small things can make their water stats fluctuate greatly- your ammonia levels might spike if your goldfish decided to poop a little more! Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but you get what I mean. Also, a 1/3 to 1/4 water change would need just a couple of big buckets Smile
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: and so we start again!   and so we start again! Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:15 am

Yes, I would say about 200 is a good size. Big enough to give you room for a decent mix or a lot of single species, but not too big to be unmanageable.

Good to see you getting back into fish again Fishfan Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and so we start again!   and so we start again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

and so we start again!
Page 1 of 1