Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The curious case of the bubbling canister filter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-05

The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Empty
PostSubject: The curious case of the bubbling canister filter   The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:38 am

It's been a week without a single post! Hasn't anything interesting happened to anyone's tanks? No new fish, tank decor, territorial fights, nothing worth posting at all? I don't want this forum to die again!

So here: A few days back I noticed that my filter had started releasing LOTS of bubbles for no apparent reason. I had cleaned it very recently, and when I restarted the filter I had made sure there was no air stuck inside. My first thought was that a dead fish had gotten sucked into the filter (because one of my danios just went missing, the one that lost its tail) and this fish was decomposing, therefore releasing waste gases- but I immediately realized how ridiculous this was: any gases released during decomposition would pretty much completely dissolve into the water, and even if that didn't happen, a fish as tiny as a danio would not decompose long enough for bubbles to be released all day.

Then the filter started leaking- not a lot, but just one drop every hour or so, from where the inlet pipe joins the canister. So I cleaned out the filter once again, and tightened that little plastic pipe-thing which joins the pipe with the filter. Now there's no bubbling or leakage or anything. Still a bit confused as to how that much air got into the filter though- if there was a gap at the inlet, then surely water would have leaked out before air got sucked in?! scratch

This might be a boring post, but atleast it will keep the forum alive Smile

Keep posting, everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The curious case of the bubbling canister filter   The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:21 am

Sorry k Smile I had to take my dog to be neutered and he has been a real wimp since so have been mollycoddling him Smile

Thankyou for your boring post. Only joking. The only thing I can think of is that there must have been a loose connection somewhere that was allowing air to be sucked in and so producing loads more bubbles?

Probably a load of nonsense, but all I can come up for now.
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

PostSubject: Re: The curious case of the bubbling canister filter   The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 pm

My brain was coming up with loads of nonsense too. But hey, no more bubbles, so who cares.

I wish I had a dog Sad
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: The curious case of the bubbling canister filter   The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:50 pm

If only you lived nearer lol. I am getting concerned about him because he whines every day for me to put his baby grow on - he loves wearing it!
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

PostSubject: Re: The curious case of the bubbling canister filter   The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:51 am

What's a "baby grow"?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: The curious case of the bubbling canister filter   The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:55 pm

It's like a long vest that also covers the baby's nappie. Your education is now going to be widened lol

BABY GROW FOR BABIES

http://www.baby2you.co.uk/baby-clothes/266-bodysuit.html

BABY GROW FOR DOGGIES Smile

The curious case of the bubbling canister filter IMG_3438-1

You see, you never know what you are going to learn on here do you Smile
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

PostSubject: Re: The curious case of the bubbling canister filter   The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:34 pm

OH MY GOD!

That looks incredibly cute/hilarious!
Though I've heard that dogs shouldn't wear any clothing outside because the clothes block their pheromones, and other dogs get wrong signals- you'll have seen dogs sniffing each others' behinds when they meet. If they don't get the smell they need (because said smell was blocked by a doggie baby grow) then they might get aggressive and attack your dog.

By the way your dog is awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: The curious case of the bubbling canister filter   The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:12 am

Well thanks K, I think he is lovely Smile

He will only be wearing this while he has stitches in, onvce he has them removed he wont need it any more, although whether he will be happy about not having it on any more rrmains to be seen Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The curious case of the bubbling canister filter   The curious case of the bubbling canister filter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The curious case of the bubbling canister filter
Page 1 of 1