Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bristle nose

Go down 
+2
Diana
alison
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Went to bed last night and did my usual checks on the tanks and went upstairs, lucky for me my OH decided about 15 mins later to make a cup of tea, all I heard was YOU BETTER GET DOWN HERE THE FILTER IS MAKING A FUNNY NOISE. I run down stairs and I have the 60 litre in the passage and the filter was making a racket , so put lights on and the water had stopped flowing, when I looked at the intake pipe the cage had come off and all I could see was the tail of the bristlenose sticking out of the end of the pipe.

Turned out he had blocked the pipe and the filter was empty, I turned off the filter and had to pull him out by his tail, just like a cork in a bottle, he flew across the tank but he is alright , lucky for me the OH went to make a cup of tea otherwise pleccy would have been stuck in there until the following morning and would have burned out the filter.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:38 pm

God, that was lucky ali!

What a kind OH you have, making you cups of tea, you have him well trained I see Smile

Have the pups shown an interest in the fish? When Bobs was younger he used to be fascinated by the plecs and would stand there and 'woof' quietly at them. Now he satisfies himself by grabbing hold of the end of the gravel vac and drowning my living room rug Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:43 am

No Diana they don't bother with the tanks at all unless I am feeding the fish and they just think FOOD anything that drops on the floor they are there clearing it all up, and Blaze will follow me when I am cleaning the tanks which is a pain when I have full bucket of water.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:48 am

How old are they now then ali? I keeo toying with the idea of getting a little pal for Bobs but I dont know if I want to go through all the hassle of teaching it to sit, stay, leave etc again.

Bobs is old enough now that he more or less does what he is told when he is told it (apart from the 'cloth ears' times on the park so it would be a big step.
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:44 am

They were one year old on December 4 and we bought them last April, they are a pair of swines at the moment, they wind each other up and then run riot, but after doing my head in they turn on the big brown eyes and what can you do Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 am

I know what you mean. When I tell Bobs off he rolls onto his back and puts on the puppy eyes and then I end up giving him a big cuddle while pulling the half eaten bits off my slipper.

Must be a spaniel trait and Bobs has inherited it from his Mum.

Overall though he is a brilliant little dog and I wouldn't change him for the world so I suppose that is the main thing Smile
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:30 am

that was a close shave alison great to hear you bristle-nose is ok. and well done your o.h. i think you should have made him a cup of tea. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:43 am

Good to hear your BN is ok, my zebra danio got sucked out of the tank when I was changing the water (I use a pipe and siphon off the water) thankfully it didn't go down the drain because I had tied a net around the end of the pipe

it's alive, but sadly doesn't have a tail anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:02 am

Hello kausthubh, nice to hear from you again, how are you doing? What sort of fish do you have now?
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:00 pm

glad to hear he is ok kausthubh. how are you mate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello everyone! When I logged in yesterday it said my last sign-in was in August 2011- time flies doesn't it. Not much has changed since then. I haven't gotten any new fish and none have died either- the danio seems to be ok without the tail, just a bit slower than the others. I have algae problems sometimes, the filter gets clogged more than it used to, so needs more cleaning :| similar situation with the glass. Plec's bigger than ever at around 16 inches now Smile fish

How are you all, it must be difficult maintaining your fish in the winter. The news channels have stopped showing footage of cars buried in ten foot deep snow so I'm guessing Europe's a lot better than it was in January? Summer's already begun here in the tropics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:32 am

yes the weather is much better noe mate.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Administrator
Administrator
Rob

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Hey kausthubh nice to have you back!

Shame about the Danio but it shows how resilient our fishy friends are even without body parts hehe

Even those of us who choose to live in the most hilly places like me have survived the snowdrifts lol ( they werent that bad here actually)

Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Glad to hear that, I hope the fish survived Smile
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:02 pm

kausthubh wrote:
Hello everyone! When I logged in yesterday it said my last sign-in was in August 2011- time flies doesn't it. Not much has changed since then. I haven't gotten any new fish and none have died either- the danio seems to be ok without the tail, just a bit slower than the others. I have algae problems sometimes, the filter gets clogged more than it used to, so needs more cleaning :| similar situation with the glass. Plec's bigger than ever at around 16 inches now Smile fish

How are you all, it must be difficult maintaining your fish in the winter. The news channels have stopped showing footage of cars buried in ten foot deep snow so I'm guessing Europe's a lot better than it was in January? Summer's already begun here in the tropics Very Happy

Hiya K, great to hear about your tank, I remember you asking about some of your fish a while back so it's good to know all is well. A 16" plec! That's some fella, is it full grown now then or has it more to go?

Was looking at your avatar, where were you when that was taken (assuming it is you with the tortoise). He looks a big one but they live for years don't they
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bristle nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristle nose   Bristle nose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bristle nose
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FRESHWATER CHAT :: TROPICAL FRESHWATER TOPICS :: GENERAL FRESHWATER TOPICS-
Jump to: