Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Empty
PostSubject: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:39 am

lord only knows how I am going to manage this time Shocked
hes about 13inch long
will need a very big bucket with a lid
but how do I get him in it??????????
HELPPPPPPPPPP scratch scratch scratch looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? 876616

Last edited by chez on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:08 am

Where is he moving to chez?

To make k happy, and as it is fishy related I am moving this Smile
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:46 pm

first of all - bnq do 80liter RYB (really useful box) for about £12 (with lid) so i think its a good investment for those with larger fish - they even make ideal spare tanks Wink

As for catching him - well, you if it will fit you could use an ordinary bucket as a 'net' though you will have to be sure your strong enough to lift the bucket once its full with elvis inside, safely enough to transfer to larger container.

Failing that - buy a net from a fishing shop - the size youll need will be lass than half the price youd pay at a lfs but be sure you get one thats fish kind - often used for carp fishing - have a look and youll see fish friendly ones - the ones to avoid are rough to the touch or have visible knots.

Failing that - drain the tanka nd use your hands to catch E Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Diana wrote:
Where is he moving to chez?

To make k happy, and as it is fishy related I am moving this Smile

hopefully to our bungalow but its half a hour down the motorway
this is really going to be a big task as the tank will have to go in the removal van
then set up as soon as we get there
plus the marine tank to sort,but this will go in the car.

thinking of selling up here, the hassle we are going to have here will be horendous
dont forget mum cant get down stairs this is another problem
and we will have to get one of them taxi's with wheelchair access for her
not looking forward to this one bit
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:39 pm

I don't blame you dreading it, it must seem a huge task. It will be worth it chez, when you are all nicely settled in a lovely bungalow.

Can you do things in different trips? If your house isnt sold before you move into your bingalow then that might make things easier for you?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:47 pm

only thing is Diane I only want to hire (afford) the van once
we can take all the bits but the big stuff we need the van
and e needs to go in the van as when we fetched his tank we had to put the stand in the trailer,and the tank only just fitted in the car with m meters spare to close the boot.dont fancy doing that again.

sadly I Might try and sell E and his tank and the marine Crying or Very sad
already sold our caravan yesturday as we would have to have found storage and to be honest we only used it once last year, and it reminded me too much of our megs she went everywhere with us Crying or Very sad
if we feel the need later to get another van we might get a trailer tent plus this will fit in the garage
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:15 pm

wow chez this is a really big project for you it will be a shame if you have to lose both your tanks but if thats the only way round things thats how it has to be. I,we at TFF wish you and malc all the best.
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:35 am

I do know of proefessional tank/fish movers but how much they charge i dunno - the marine as you ay will fit in the car - but E and his pad are different matters.

You could buy a new tank and have it delivered to new place - and take the filters and E with you Wink when its delivered - E will be fine in a large container with an air pump (battery) and perhaps a heat pad or two under the box.

30mins isnt too long for a fish in a box - remember most our fish were in boxes for DAYS before getting to the LFS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:32 am

new tank rich Shocked
we are having to find a thousand pound now for deposit/rent/administration/and check.
as well as pay the rent on the bungalow
and the mortgage on the house till its sells.

his tank cost me over £400 its 50 inch and I got that cheap
as they was moving into a bungalow the tank and stand was over a grand,

so if E thinks hes getting a new pad he can think again.lol
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 am

Oh well - looks like youl just have to eat him then.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:35 am

Rich! That is not nice

Poor old Elvis will be worried now affraid
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 pm

I hope someday in the future we can teleport things (like elvis and his tank!) across large distances, life would be much cooler that way

I got my 60" x 18" x 30" in a little truck, it didn't fit in any car, and it's unlikely to ever fit in one... Whatever you manage to do, I wish you the best of luck.

AND DON'T EAT HIM affraid Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 am

What do you mean thats not noce?

You eat cod n chips dont you? looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? 506402
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:56 am

Yes, but not chips and Elvis Smile
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:52 am

no elvis is so big now you wouldn't need any chips. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:47 am

have you seen the size a cod can grow too?

They get HUGE http://www.fisherman.is/blog/robert/template_permalink.asp?id=128
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Thats a huge fish Rich - imagine that with a bit of batter and salt and vinegar!

Hiya chez. just catching up on things on here and have been reading all your stuff. Hope things start to pick up for you now.

When are you going to move, do you know yet?

Ive just moved house myself so understand how much of a pain it can be.

Good luck with it all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?   looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looks like elvis is moving again ... somewhere ?
Page 1 of 1