Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

chocolate gourami

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

chocolate gourami Empty
PostSubject: chocolate gourami   chocolate gourami Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:54 am

saw some chocolate gouramis at the fish shop on sunday. Would they be suitable with a paradise fish? May even get these instead of a paradise fish if they dont have any nice coloured ones. Whats male to female ratio? 1m:3f?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

chocolate gourami Empty
PostSubject: Re: chocolate gourami   chocolate gourami Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:48 pm

not sure about the paradise fish and gourami also same of the male female ratio but will have a look round and let you know phishy - hopfully someone will come on site with a better idea.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

chocolate gourami Empty
PostSubject: Re: chocolate gourami   chocolate gourami Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 pm

I think they are a nice little fish but a bugger to keep phishy. I can't find where I read it now, will have a look later, but I am sure I remember reading that they are short lived and very fussy about the tank set up.

I'll have a little search around later for the info I read and link it up for you.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

chocolate gourami Empty
PostSubject: Re: chocolate gourami   chocolate gourami Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:34 am

ok, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

chocolate gourami Empty
PostSubject: Re: chocolate gourami   chocolate gourami Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:14 pm

phishy07 wrote:
saw some chocolate gouramis at the fish shop on sunday. Would they be suitable with a paradise fish? May even get these instead of a paradise fish if they dont have any nice coloured ones. Whats male to female ratio? 1m:3f?

Hiya phishy, what fish did you eventually get and do they all get on ok. Will be looking for hints for tank stocking soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

chocolate gourami Empty
PostSubject: Re: chocolate gourami   chocolate gourami Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chocolate gourami
Page 1 of 1