Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Empty
PostSubject: An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol   An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Ok so I joined this forum back in 2008 when I had a LOT of fish tanks and was a regular user. A lot has happened since then and I ended up getting rid of all my tanks

I now have a colleague selling her 60L tank with everything for £30 so decided to take up fish keeping again

Problem is, I have forgot most of my knowledge lol!! I know about setting up a new tank with the fishless cycle (my ammonia and liquid test kit are both on their way) and waiting to stock this etc.

Question is what can I stock it with? I want a schoal of rummy nosed tetra's but what else could I have, i know it's only a small tank. Are cory's ok for a new tank? I'm sure i had a few to start with last time and they was all fine.

Thanks and nice to be back!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol   An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Welcome back phishy, good to see you are back into fishkeeping again Smile

Cory's would be great - they like plants by the way so maybe add a few bits of greenery for them, and like to be kept ina group too. Lovely little fish though. I have some Panda Croy's and they are brill.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol   An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Yeah, I had 4 albino's and 3 peppered's before but love the panda corys so may get a group of these. I was thinking about 8 rummy nosed tetras and 4 or 5 corys. Anything else that wouldn't be a squeeze? Maybe 6 rummy's and 6 other small tetras and corys?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol   An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:45 am

I think 6 rummy's, 6 cory's and maybe a small shoal would be ok for 60litres with good filtration.
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol   An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:10 am

I saw some Red line torpedo barbs today- they look real nice in small shoals of 6 to 10- I'm not too sure about 60L being enough for them though.

https://media.photobucket.com/image/red%20line%20torpedo%20barb/fishpicsmike/den1.jpg
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol   An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:10 pm

hi phishy

nice to see you back on site -glad your back in the fishkeeping again sounds like you haven't forgot to much, i think the RNT and a couple of corys would be ok.

i have had a look at the torpedo barbs myself K they are stunning and will be my next addition,but they get to around 5/6 in and would be to big for a 60 lt mate, but a stunning fish all the same.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol   An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:02 pm

The torpedo barbs are stunning, but grow too big for my tank Sad although watch this space I may upgrade again lol!! Within a year last time I had 4 tanks from 500L with piranha's to 60L, so I took it to extreme's lol

I think maybe 4 corys, 6 rummies and 6 other small tetras, possibly glow lights (had them last time and they looked good in a schoal) or cochu blue tetras.

I filled the tank with water yesterday, bought some black gravel now just waiting for my ammonia and API test kit to arrive (which is £32 in p@h Shocked I'm sure this has gone up £10 since i last bought mine 2 years ago lol!! - so bought mine off ebay instead)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol   An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm

hello phishy
welcome back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol   An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An oldie returns (as a newbie) lol
Page 1 of 1