Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

very new here

Go down 
+5
dekker
Mary
Diana
alison
atejojo
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
atejojo
atejojo

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-23

very new here Empty
PostSubject: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:18 am

hello everyone, first time to be here , and frist time to have my ist aquarium,

shame its too late to see this FORUM , i had lost 8 fishes already,,

but from now on think i will do better knowing theres a forum like this,,

im JOJO and please to be here ,, xxx
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 am

Hi and very new here 3199 plenty of help and advise as and when you need it
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:09 am

thank you Alison,,
will do ,, xx
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 am

Hiya jojo, welcome to TFF Smile

Sorry to hear you have lost some fish, but if you tell us a bit about what tank you have, and what fish, we can maybe help prevent you losing any more Smile
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 am

thanks Diana,

ive got 13x19x12 tank,, or 40 gallon tank, ( i think ,lol )

at the moment ive got 3 adult goldfish ( which is about 7 yrs old , given to me by friend, ) then 1 bubble eyed, 1 black moors , and 2 small normal goldfish,,

i just bought a proper filter a week ago ( fluva u2 ) and the water in my tank is so crystal clear now, and my fishes looks happy ,

and i MIGHT buy another fish ( can i ? ) b=maybe in 2 weeks time ?
but im gonna wait ur advice first , see if i still allowed one more fish ,, lol

thanks Diana ,,
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:29 am

Hi JoJo very new here 3199 to TFF wave
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:09 pm

hi jojo

welcome to the forums mate hope you enjoy it here

dekker
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:20 am

thank you all,
yeh, i think im enjoying it , i learned 1 or two here ,,

cheers mates,, xx
Back to top Go down
Grampa
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
Grampa

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-02-19

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:25 am

Hi jo-jo......I'm only here for the chat, I dont have fish but I like chatting with the friendly folk around here.

C U around............have fun....... very new here 312933
Back to top Go down
rdp50734

Number of posts : 12

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:59 am

the dimensions you have given are they metric or imperial? cm or inches?
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:25 am

Grampa wrote:
Hi jo-jo......I'm only here for the chat, I dont have fish but I like chatting with the friendly folk around here.

thank you Grampa,, catch u soon,, x
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:10 am

rdp50734 wrote:
the dimensions you have given are they metric or imperial? cm or inches?

actually i made a mistake of the dimension,,

this is the exact size

12 x 15 x 30 inches,

thanks
Back to top Go down
Grampa
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
Grampa

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-02-19

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:03 pm

atejojo wrote:
Grampa wrote:

thank you Grampa,,
Quote :
catch u soon,
, x

Well you had better be ultra quick cause ive got a new pair of Nike's and there faster than lightning........... very new here 392368
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:32 am

Grampa wrote:
atejojo wrote:
Grampa wrote:

thank you Grampa,,
Quote :
catch u soon,
, x

Well you had better be ultra quick cause ive got a new pair of Nike's and there faster than lightning........... very new here 392368

oh dear,, lol ,
Back to top Go down
rdp50734

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:02 am

to be honest I think you are overstocked as it is! Your tank is only 19 gallons and is not big enough for the adult size of the fish you have now! Goldfish are very messy and put a huge strain on the filter due to the bioload! Have you tested the water stats? Could you post the results it will give us all a better idea of why the others died!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:35 am

atejojo wrote:
thanks Diana,

ive got 13x19x12 tank,, or 40 gallon tank, ( i think ,lol )

at the moment ive got 3 adult goldfish ( which is about 7 yrs old , given to me by friend, ) then 1 bubble eyed, 1 black moors , and 2 small normal goldfish,,

i just bought a proper filter a week ago ( fluva u2 ) and the water in my tank is so crystal clear now, and my fishes looks happy ,

and i MIGHT buy another fish ( can i ? ) b=maybe in 2 weeks time ?
but im gonna wait ur advice first , see if i still allowed one more fish ,, lol

thanks Diana ,,

Sorry, I missed this reply somehow!

For goldfish it is recommended that for EACH fish you have a minimum of 45-50 litres, so if your tank s 40 (UK) gallons, that gives you approx 180litres. You can safely keep 3 or at the very most 4 goldies, depending on their type and full adult size.

Going by the info you have given, you are overstocked at the moment, and it would not be recommended that you get any more.

It's not only the water quality that can suffer with overcrowding. The fish can suffer from stunting (the fish stay small externally because they dont have the room to grow to full size, but their internal organs carry on growing to normal full size), and they can also become prone to other illness and disease.
Back to top Go down
rdp50734

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks Diana I could not remember the recommended size for a goldfish from the sizes it is 19 uk gallons!
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:18 am

rdp50734 wrote:
to be honest I think you are overstocked as it is! Your tank is only 19 gallons and is not big enough for the adult size of the fish you have now! Goldfish are very messy and put a huge strain on the filter due to the bioload! Have you tested the water stats? Could you post the results it will give us all a better idea of why the others died!

oh dear,, where im gonna put my other fish then ? i cant give back the 3 adults fish to my friend now ? lol ,,,

actually , they died maybe because im too stupid, coz i put too much algae control in it, ( i dint measure it,( ive put 4lids full ), and i dint put declorinated thingy to the tap water b4 ive put it to my aquaruim,, im so ignorant bout aquarium, but now im learning little by little tru you lot, and also , another stupidity pls 4give me ( ive put a bit of warm h20 in it coz i thought the water in the aquarium was too cold for them,, ( sigh )

, now, im learning,, the only problem now is,,, where im gonna put my other fishes if my aquarium is too small for them lot ?
Back to top Go down
rdp50734

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Well measuring is important, algea control depending on the ingredients should not cause too much of a problem. No dechlorinater depending on the size of the water change can wipe out your filters bacteria 10-20% should be ok (although I would not recommend it). What tempreture do you keep your tank at and how warm was the water you added?
As for the fish do you know anyone who could take some of the fish for you? Or if all else fails the local fish store! If they dont appeal to you then a bigger tank!
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:06 am

i dont have a temperature kit for the aquarium, its only like same as cold tap water, and the warm h20 that i put was just luke warm,

i dont know nobody to take it, i dont want to give it to fish store ! i bought my goldfish there ,why should i give them free ! ( ha hahahaa)

i will going to change the water this weekend,, so can you advice me how much i gonna take out ? i used to take out 2 full bucket of water then put this water conditioner , i leave for 30 minutes b4 i put it in the aquarium , is that right ?
thanks a lot,, jo
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:47 pm

Are you testing the water atejojo?

I would do at least half the water, and add dechlorinator, nothing else.
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:33 pm

where can i find the cheapest water testin kit ? very new here Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
rdp50734

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:54 am

you can get kits from ebay quite cheap! Ask the shop if they will give you part credit on the fish for dechlorinator test kit food or whatever!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:30 am

As a minimum you need to be able to test ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, and the one most recommended is the API Masterkit, which will allow you to test all of the above.
Back to top Go down
atejojo
atejojo

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 am

i will try both ur advice,, thanks,, xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

very new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: very new here   very new here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

very new here
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS :: INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to: