Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angelfish

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Angelfish Empty
PostSubject: Angelfish   Angelfish Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:32 am

I found my big female angel dead last night behind the outlet pipe the male was keeping close to her. She was fine in the morning the only fish in the tank with her is 1 female bristlenose 5 yoyos 5 corys and the male angel, did a big water change the night before including cleaning the filter and in 24 hours she is dead we have had her about 5-6 years one of the first fish i got, how long do they live?. Her OH is looking lost without her, she was a nasty witch I cant keep count of the fish she killed , she even bit me one day doing a water change and drew blood. Oh tested water everything normal.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Angelfish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish   Angelfish Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:06 am

Thats a shame ali, but I would have thought 6 yrs would be a good age for it wouldnt it? MAybe get another one to keep the old fella happy again Smile

I have had loads of fishy deaths over the past couple of weeks - 1 BN, 2 Harlies, 3 Emerald Eye rasboras, 3 cherry barbs and 7 guppies.

Like you I have tested everything and water is fine. The only thing I havent tested is kh/gh/ph so will get some kit tomorrow and do them just in case.

The annoying thing is that they have all looked fine - no spots, cuts, lumps, bumps, all swimming fine, eating voraciously abd then the next day they are dead! I am rapidly getting an empty tank Angelfish 48938
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Angelfish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish   Angelfish Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:58 am

you could try another angel for the male but given the following problems - I wouldnt bother

unless you can be very lucky and (A) rehome a known female of a similar age and size - the make is likely to beat the crap outta new comer - the tank is HIS patch after all. (B) sexing angels is hard at the best of times and there are no guarantees youll get a female - even if you do - there is no way to know theyll get on.

My angels have just spawned - on a filter - maybe they intended to spawn and she got stuck behind the filter? I had a scout on the tinterweb and 10years is said to be 'normal' but longer is possible.

It could simply be one of those things but its sad when it happens.
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Angelfish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelfish   Angelfish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angelfish
Page 1 of 1