Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

INTERNET NUMBER 9

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

INTERNET NUMBER 9 Empty
PostSubject: INTERNET NUMBER 9   INTERNET NUMBER 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:07 am

OK people, a bit of advice please.

I am treating my last remaining goldfish (black moor) for dropsy. He has the definate signs of pinecone scales all around his abdo, although I dont think it is too severe yet - he is still active in the tank, eatng, swimming round etc.

He had his first dose of Interpet No 9 today, and his next dose is due on Sunday - which is also supposed to be his water change day. Now, I know I should have been a bright spark and changed the water before I started treating, but didn't so fighting to me.

The directions say give the first dose (today), the second 4 days later (Thursday), and then after 7 days, you can either redose or replace carbon etc, so effectievly the course is finished.

So, my q is, is it more important to dose with the Meds, or maintain pristine water quality and do his water change as usual. If I do that what would I do about the meds - start again or just wait the 4 days as per instructions?

Hope this waffle makes some sense!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

INTERNET NUMBER 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTERNET NUMBER 9   INTERNET NUMBER 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:24 am

Do a water change and top up the meds according to how much water you remove. That's what I'd do anyway.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

INTERNET NUMBER 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTERNET NUMBER 9   INTERNET NUMBER 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:53 am

Thanks indi, I was thinking about that but havent needed to treat a fish for dropsy before so just wanted to make sure.
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

INTERNET NUMBER 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTERNET NUMBER 9   INTERNET NUMBER 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:55 pm

sounds right to me too diana hope he gets better soon.

dekker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

INTERNET NUMBER 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTERNET NUMBER 9   INTERNET NUMBER 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INTERNET NUMBER 9
Page 1 of 1