Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

neons V cardinals

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

neons V cardinals Empty
PostSubject: neons V cardinals   neons V cardinals Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:40 pm

wats the difference between neons and cardinals. its probaly really obvious but i cant tell
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

neons V cardinals Empty
PostSubject: Re: neons V cardinals   neons V cardinals Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:11 pm

fish r freinds not food wrote:
wats the difference between neons and cardinals. its probaly really obvious but i cant tell

The cardinals grow to be a bit bigger than neons,

The Cardinal Tetra has a red stripe that goes the full length of the fish from its eye to the tail whereas the Neons red stripe only starts midway down its body.

Other than that I dont think there is any difference. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

neons V cardinals Empty
PostSubject: Re: neons V cardinals   neons V cardinals Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:21 pm

I saw some cardinals the other day in the lfs. They did look just the same but I didnt know about the difference in the red stripe. I liked them because they were a bit bigger than the neons and I am trying to decide if I can have any more fish in my tank.

I wouldnt mind getting some of them if I can.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

neons V cardinals Empty
PostSubject: Re: neons V cardinals   neons V cardinals Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:48 am

I prefer Black Neons...they don't shoal as such but they have a lovely colouration and do this cool hovering thing whereby they sit still in the water and just flick their fins. They grow to about the same length as Cardinal Neons but have fatter bodies. Smile

neons V cardinals Blkneon1
Back to top Go down

neons V cardinals Empty
PostSubject: Re: neons V cardinals   neons V cardinals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:44 am

I could see the pic of them earlier Mary but not now - is there a problem? They did look nice fish though Smile
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

neons V cardinals Empty
PostSubject: Re: neons V cardinals   neons V cardinals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:04 am

Well the photo is still there but sometimes it takes a couple of seconds to load the link. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

neons V cardinals Empty
PostSubject: Re: neons V cardinals   neons V cardinals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

neons V cardinals
Page 1 of 1