Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how do i raise cichlid fry????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-07-20

how do i raise cichlid fry???? Empty
PostSubject: how do i raise cichlid fry????   how do i raise cichlid fry???? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:27 am

hey guys.
this time round i have transfered my green sev eggs into my growout tank before they hatched. and so far it was sucessfull.
(as trying to move live fry didnt turn out so good)

now its at the point where my little wriglers are starting to swim about.

what do i feed them and how do i feed them and all the other questions i would ask about raising fry.
atm i guess i have around the 200 or more mark
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: how do i raise cichlid fry????   how do i raise cichlid fry???? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:30 am

Oh Lordy, where's munchycarrot when you need her? Shocked

I've never bred fish BGG so congrats. AFAIK you can get something called Liquifry in the LFS which is specifically for fish fry. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do i raise cichlid fry????   how do i raise cichlid fry???? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:24 am

BG I have raised a few litters of fry - not cichlid, just ordinaru plattys but I guess its all the same. All I did was crush some of the ordinary flake foosd up till it was a really fine powder.

I fed them this about 5 times a day - just a pinch of it, see how quick they eat it, and increase the amount if you need to.

As they got a bit bigger, I reduced how often I fed them but increades the size of the powder till it was tiny flakes, and then carried on till it was ordinary flake.

It must have worked as I didnt lose any and they all grew really quick.
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: how do i raise cichlid fry????   how do i raise cichlid fry???? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:18 am

I use liquifry 2 (for live bearers) for umm - live bearers and nowt for plecs (but there is a liquifry for egg layers)

I also use hikari fist bites which is a powder fish food (which all my fish go for)

I also uise the powdered food thing as well - I tend to make it up in batches in empty pots - bit of everything goes in this - also micro pellets go intot he mix as well.

Caters for all and make my life easier Wink beyond that - I think nature does its thing Wink
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i raise cichlid fry????   how do i raise cichlid fry???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do i raise cichlid fry????
Page 1 of 1