Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For TheTerror!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

For TheTerror!! Empty
PostSubject: For TheTerror!!   For TheTerror!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:25 am

Hiya TT wave . I had forgotten to lock the articles on the various fish types, when we changed the forum skin, so have done that now and movd your q here if that's ok Smile

You asked -

Hi Diane,
I've got four Harlequins, and I see you recommend more. Would they mix/shoal with another type of rasbora, or should I get more 'quins?
Thank you
TT

I have got 6 Harlequin Rasboras and also some Emerald Eye Rasboras. They do all swim round together in the middle of the tank, but the majority of the time they tend to shoal with their own species.

I am a fan of Harlies tbh. They seem to be quite hardy (they have survived in my tank for over 2 years now and believe me I knew NOTHING about keeping fish!!), and I haven't lost one of them, unlike other fish like guppys, plattys etc.
Back to top Go down
The Terror

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-01-11

For TheTerror!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: For TheTerror!!   For TheTerror!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:19 am

Hi Di,
Got eight of the little beauties now, plus four Celbes Rainbowfish - really pretty colours and fins. Apparently they only show these charicteristics when happy, so I think it's going well.
Looking to finish things off with a couple of Killifish Gardeneris. I've heard mixed reviews about them being potentially agressive or totally docile.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

For TheTerror!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: For TheTerror!!   For TheTerror!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:56 am

Killifish are lovely but be aware that a lot of them are only an annual species (i.e. only live one year) and also need specific conditions so be sure to research them before committing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For TheTerror!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: For TheTerror!!   For TheTerror!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For TheTerror!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FRESHWATER CHAT :: TROPICAL FRESHWATER TOPICS-
Jump to: