Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you buy?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

What would you buy? Empty
PostSubject: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:28 am

If you were given £1000 (or equivalent) to spend on fishy stuff, what would you buy?

If I had to be realistic, then I would probably get a new tank to replace the trop one I have, (but perhaps a weeny bit bigger) replace all the gravel to a more realistic colour, get loads of resilient plants.

Id probably still have a bit left over so I'll have to have a think what else to buy Smile
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:22 am

I'd set up a Marine tank although from what I understand, even that much money wouldn't go far on the salty side... Shocked
Back to top Go down
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:15 pm

thats at least $2000 aud
i would buy a 8ft x2ft x2ft tank and still have plenty left over to buy suplys for a fish room.
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:12 pm

A big rena tank ,more plecs, more loaches
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:18 pm

biggreeny_101 wrote:
thats at least $2000 aud
i would buy a 8ft x2ft x2ft tank and still have plenty left over to buy suplys for a fish room.

An 8ft tank? Thats a swimming pool isnt it Smile What would you stock it with - chez's oscar would be happy in that I think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Mary wrote:
I'd set up a Marine tank although from what I understand, even that much money wouldn't go far on the salty side... Shocked

Oh, you still have an incling to go over to the dark side don't you Mary - one of these days you will take the plunge Very Happy
Back to top Go down
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:27 pm

yeah chez and my oscar would love a tank like that.

we could throw a few ping ponog balls in there too

lol id probably put a few large american cichlids in there.

jag/ oscars/ sevs/ jd/ there are soooooo many i would love too keep

tanks are not too dear here i could pick up a brand new 8ft tank and cabinet for around $1000 aud

its the fish that are hard to get as americans and quite a few african cichlids cannot be imported here. so the people that have them are breeding them as that is alowed. ts just who you know and how much your willing to pay

the dark side eh?
i would be inclined to have a marine tank aswell but i think only a smaller one i would most likely stick to my americans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Elvis is looking forward to this..and having a few friends.
i'm a nasty mummy i wont let him have any...lol
i often think of getting a small marine, then i get scared and
get back to my knitting.lol
i love the colours of them
i would have about 6 nemos. and a couple of those really pale blue ones.
now sea horses wow but hear they are really hard to look after
there water has to be spot on doesan't it.?
but lovely elegant fish
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:08 am

Diana wrote:
Oh, you still have an incling to go over to the dark side don't you Mary - one of these days you will take the plunge

Eventually. But prob not for many years...seems far too much effort in comparison to Freshwater Tropical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:07 am

I'd go for a marine tank or maybe just another tropical with some nice cichilds Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you buy?   What would you buy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you buy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FRESHWATER CHAT :: TROPICAL FRESHWATER TOPICS :: GENERAL FRESHWATER TOPICS-
Jump to: