Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foggy Water

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Foggy Water Empty
PostSubject: Foggy Water   Foggy Water Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:51 am

Have just got back from a day out and noticed that the water in the tropical tank is very foggy. I thought it might be little air bubbles so took off the venturi but it made no difference - it is still cloudy.

I have done a water check - the ammonia is perhaps a bit darker yellow than the 0, nitrite 0 nitrate has gone down from 15 to 5 for some reason. I did a water change on Monday and all was well then, and also washed the filter foam in dirty tank water. The water was fine yesterday, it's just today.

Any ideas what I should do - apart from a water change which I will do now, and what might be causing it. Both filters in the tank seem to be working fine, causing decent agitation.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

Foggy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foggy Water   Foggy Water Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:50 am

Could it be just detritus from the filter cleaning that's working its way out? I sometimes find the water is a bit cloudy after I've cleaned the filters but it usually clears in a day or two. Wink
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Foggy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foggy Water   Foggy Water Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:52 am

Thats a possibility I guess, although it;s not something that has happened before.

Ive taken the courgette out that I put in this morning too, just in case, and have done a 30% water change but that hasnt done anything at all except give me wet feet No
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Foggy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foggy Water   Foggy Water Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:55 am

:lol: I did my water changes today and managed to slosh water all over my sandal-clad feet - not a very comfortable feeling. crazy
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Foggy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foggy Water   Foggy Water Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:56 am

Must be cloudy tank month! Agree with Mary could be bits from the filter. Water change and see how it is tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Foggy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foggy Water   Foggy Water Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:57 am

Oh, nothing has died has it?

Mary I know that feeling - I manage to spill water EVERY time so always wear my fake crocs now...
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Foggy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foggy Water   Foggy Water Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:01 am

indigoj wrote:
Mary I know that feeling - I manage to spill water EVERY time so always wear my fake crocs now...

Well the best - or worst! - was when I was in a hurry and thought it would save time to just balance the refill bucket on the edge of the tank instead of getting the high plant stand that I normally use. While I was adjusting my position, the gravity siphon moved out of the tank and in my haste to grab it...I let go of the bucket. Cue 10L of water pouring down on top of me, the floor, the furniture... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Foggy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foggy Water   Foggy Water Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:04 am

indigoj wrote:
Oh, nothing has died has it?

I hope not. I havent seen the biggest of thre two BN's today, but he usually comes out later, all the rest seem to be there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foggy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foggy Water   Foggy Water Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foggy Water
Page 1 of 1