Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Fishies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

New Fishies Empty
PostSubject: New Fishies   New Fishies Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Well, yesterday I went and got a load of new fishies - 5 Neon tetras to keep the sole remaining one I already have company, 5 Cherry barbs to keep the sole remining one company and 5 panda corys because they look rather nice.

I put them all in the spare tank and got them settled, and checked on them this morning and found that the heater had packed in and the temperature was 24. I didnt have a spare heater so am just acclimatising them into the big tank pale .
I am a bit bothered about this because firstly they wont have been kept in q for anytime at all, but also because I was going to add them into the big tank a few at a time to give the filter time to build up and cant now. No

It's quite nice though. The poor cherry barb that has been on his own for a while is swimming round with all his new lady friends, the lonely neon is shoaling with his new pals, and all the pandas or ferreting round in thr gravel.

I have added an extra filter into the tank to help, and will do daily water tests for a while to make sure that everything stays ok. Other than that I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope it all works out ok.

nb. Just checking the various sites and it looks like the corys are properly called adolfos corydoras. Whatever they are - they're cute!
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

New Fishies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fishies   New Fishies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 1:56 am

Sounds good Diana, bit annoying that the heter packed in, sods law isn't it!!
How sweet that the neon & barb have an adopted family now :lol:

Wouldn't mind some pics now though!! Keep us posted on how they get on
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

New Fishies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fishies   New Fishies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:33 am

typical problems of a heather when you finally get round to getting more tank mates....but least they dont seem to have suffered from it..
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

New Fishies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fishies   New Fishies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:07 am

Awww panda corys are very cute. Hope all is well Diana, typical heater packing in at just the wrong time Sad
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

New Fishies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fishies   New Fishies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:56 am

They are all really active at the mo, swimming round the tank like loonies!

I guess I have a wee while of daily water tests coming up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

New Fishies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fishies   New Fishies Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:37 am

Diana wrote:
I guess I have a wee while of daily water tests coming up!

Good woman, that's what I like to hear. wave

I'm off to the LFS on Sunday to get some more Otos. I feel the urge to buy something else also though...Wink
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

New Fishies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fishies   New Fishies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:00 am

Oh there were some lovely plecs in the lfs when I went - cant remember what type - they were a sort of black and white colour but were just soooo cute, I was sorely tempted.

One of my BN's definately has 'issues' with other plecs though so I didnt think it was a good idea.

One ASBO in the tank is enough :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Fishies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fishies   New Fishies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Fishies
Page 1 of 1