Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Threw a tantrum!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Threw a tantrum!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:20 am

Went to p@h in lincoln and there was a GORGEOUS male fighter in there...never seen one like it before. It was black, has blue at the start of his fins then the ends were white, OMG he was a STUNNER!!!! But my OH wouldnt let me have him so i threw a tantrum and STILL wasnt allowed him Sad.

But my 35l coldwater tank that has the pearlscales in his mum is having them to go in her large Biorb so im gunna convert that into a tropical tank and just have a fighter in there like a bachelor pad for him!

Here's the question though, we got a "free" heater with the 124l tank cos p@h didnt know someone had put it in there, but would a standard fluvel 1 filter be ok in a 35l tank? Also would the heater be ok or would i need to buy a smaller one??

One last thing, as its a clearseal tank obviously the lid is only thin plastic, what would i do about lighting?? Do i need any as i wont be having real plants in there.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 5:01 am

Heater would be fine as It wouldnt have too work much to do on a small tank

FLuval i got no idea sorry
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 5:08 am

phishy07 wrote:
Went to p@h in lincoln and there was a GORGEOUS male fighter in there...never seen one like it before. It was black, has blue at the start of his fins then the ends were white, OMG he was a STUNNER!!!! But my OH wouldnt let me have him so i threw a tantrum and STILL wasnt allowed him Sad.

But my 35l coldwater tank that has the pearlscales in his mum is having them to go in her large Biorb so im gunna convert that into a tropical tank and just have a fighter in there like a bachelor pad for him!

Here's the question though, we got a "free" heater with the 124l tank cos p@h didnt know someone had put it in there, but would a standard fluvel 1 filter be ok in a 35l tank? Also would the heater be ok or would i need to buy a smaller one??

One last thing, as its a clearseal tank obviously the lid is only thin plastic, what would i do about lighting?? Do i need any as i wont be having real plants in there.

Thanks guys

The heater might be a problem if it is meant for a larger tank, try it but keep a close eye on the water temp - put a thermometer in the tank.

Fluval 1 should be ok for that tank - be aware it doesnt have the clogging alert feature that the bigger fluvals have so keep an eye that it is working ok.

You dont need lights, especially not if you are not havinglive plants in there. you could always put a lamp or something near the tank if you want to have a decent view of the fish in thre evening.
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:55 am

If you don't have fish that jump then you can get clip on lights?

Or I have seen 'stick on' submersible lights on ebay.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:45 am

ok, thanks everyone!! Just as i thought, GOD IM GOOD!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:46 am

oh and GD... love smiley lol
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:23 am

Now, now, you'll make me blush! Embarassed

What's he got that I havent anyway??? Sad
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:44 am

love smiley JUST for u fishfan!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:45 am

you might be sorry you asked that question fishfan :lol:
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:26 am

taking the pearlscales to mother in laws tomorrow and just wondered about setting up my new tank.

Obvously, i know how to cycle it BUT would it be any quicker if i put the new filter into one of my already set up tanks and leave it for a few days or is it just the same as squeezing filter media onto new filter sponges??
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:11 am

I dont know that it would make that much difference phishy, although I suppose if you squeezed some really mucky stuff over the new one there might be a bit more bacteria in it.

Can't you do both? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:59 am

i suppose i can, but how long do i leave it before i know its ready dunno
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 am

How many fish do you want to add? If you use media from a fully stocked tank and put a bit in your new filter then adding 1 fish (eg a lovely betta) would probably be ok as long as you monitored the water carefully...
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:36 am

Very Happy Youve cheered me up NO end indigoj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But...are we SURE that a betta will b ok?? Its all i want to add to my 35l tank, all for him!

Would it be risky? But as you said, test water stats everyday. Bettas can live in unfiltered un heated tanks though, cant they? so will it be ok if i got squeezings on new filter, put it in new tank with warmish dechlorinated water and put filter and heater on??
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:36 pm

I'd snip a bit of the media from the mature tank and put that in the new filter as well as some squeezings and then if it were me I'd be happy to put one or two fish in - it is what I do for my Q-Tank.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:10 pm

OK, well just rang p@h and the fighters gone Sad im now gutted although i knew it wouldnt last long cos it was SOOOOO beautiful!

Oh well am now going on a hunt for a pretty one today (while OH is out so he cant tell me no!) hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:05 am

Find anything phishy, or is your OH happy tonight? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:31 am

Well, as happy as he ever is! Poor man No

:lol: (only joking phishy, dont set the dog on me!)
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 pm

Shocked how very rude! lol

No, Driver, I went to 4 different shops and even rang Wharf in Pinxton where they have them Betta houses (little jars with over 20 bettas in) and they only had reds and blues.

I did, however see a turqoise and red one I liked but I thought his fins looked tatty so i didnt bother only to come home and find that it is actually a type of fighter Crying or Very sad lol

AND the only way I get my way in my house is to do it behind OH back! So it MUST be done hahaha The same when I got my rabbit, Bella, She was being given away for free to a good home and i KNEW i wouldnt be allowed her so I waited til he went for his HGV driving lesson and got her then Smile

Sneaky, i know but hes gotta love me lol! And he does LOVE the rabbit now!
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:16 pm

Just rang p@h in lincoln again this morning (the one with the gorgeous fighter in!!) and guess what....she said they're STILL in stock banghead so i bet the person i spoke to yesterday who said they didnt have any didnt even look!!!!

I know this because theyre fish delivery is a Thursday!!!! Now im slightly getting my hopes up PRAYING the beautiful ones still there but i have a mobile estimator coming to look at my car this morning cos the STUPID bin lorry scraped mine!!!! So i cant go anywhere til hes been so he better hurry up!!!!!!!

FINGERS CROSSED EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:58 pm

It's all happening today then phishy, Good Luck with your fish hunt!
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:16 pm

ANOTHER fish hunt!
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:05 am

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Threw a tantrum!!!!   Threw a tantrum!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Threw a tantrum!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FRESHWATER CHAT :: TROPICAL FRESHWATER TOPICS :: GENERAL FRESHWATER TOPICS-
Jump to: