Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They're are gonna die! :0

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

They're are gonna die! :0 Empty
PostSubject: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:33 am

I Just bought my first fish for that new tank i was on about. I bought 5 neons to start off with. At frist they started to hide in the plants and stuff but now the aare up and down the tank. However, they wont go to the surface to get the fish food. So, they are not eating. Are they just stupid or is something wrong?
I didnt wanna pollute the water so i took the flakes out.
They havent eaten for about 2 days now.
I was gonna go to the pet shop to tell them but the only time my mum will drive me is on a weekend. Im sorried they'll be dead by then Sad
What should I do!? help
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:21 am

Do you have water stats for the tank?? They could also be stressed from the purchase. Some of mine don't eat for a while Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:30 am

Do you have a lot of surface disturbance from your filter? Also, my neons dont go to the surface much but wait for the food to go down to them, so I would put a little bit of flake in and just leave it. See what happens as the food goes down into the tank - you might find that they will eat it then.
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:09 am

My neons stay below the water too. It might be just that the food hadnt reached them aquanovice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:14 am

Diana wrote:
Do you have a lot of surface disturbance from your filter? Also, my neons dont go to the surface much but wait for the food to go down to them, so I would put a little bit of flake in and just leave it. See what happens as the food goes down into the tank - you might find that they will eat it then.

Or just push the food under Wink
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:24 am

I did that (pushed it down) and one took a bite out of the flake until it floated away...and it didn't go after it. Lazzyy little :@
thanks
And I dont know what surface disturbance is sorry Sad
Can u please explain..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:26 am

do you have the filter causing a lot of disturbance to the surface of the water?

I think thats what is being asked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:31 am

Just persevere with the food, aquanovice. My White Cloud Mountain Minnows took a while to get the idea of going to the surface for food but I just kept adding a bit each time. Eventually they started to pick at the food. FYI, a fish would have to go without food for 3-4 weeks before there's any danger of starvation. Wink
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:24 am

have you tried frozen bloodworm?? itll sink easier, my tetras love it when the worm get caught in the flow of the filter and they have to "chase" the worms
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:25 am

hope it all settles in your tank aquanovice Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:35 am

My tanks fine now the 5 neons aren't going to surface but ill push the food down and they'll pick at it. thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:18 am

Glad its all ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:20 am

Ah, glad all the fish are ok, its horrible when you think something's wrong with them isnt it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're are gonna die! :0   They're are gonna die! :0 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're are gonna die! :0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FISH A&E :: FISH EMERGENCY-
Jump to: