Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have I got space?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Have I got space? Empty
PostSubject: Have I got space?   Have I got space? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:54 pm

for 5 more harlequin rasboras? I dont want to overstock, or cause problems in the tank. Would it be too much to have 10 harlequins, would the other fish be ok?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Have I got space? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have I got space?   Have I got space? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:19 pm

Well you already have a potential 70cm of adult fish and 5 more harlies would bring it up to 95cm which should be ok but I would say that's the tank fully stocked though. To compare, my 90L has 95cm of fish atm and I'm just going to add two honey gouramis to replace the bullying molly that I took out and that'll be that tank done. I'm very thorough about water quality and tank maintenance though which is important and by adding extra filter media for the bacteria to colonize, it allows you to slightly overstock Wink

Btw, if you're adding all five new fish at once, test the water for a couple of days afterwards as there might be a temporary spike in ammonia and/or nitrite until the filter bacteria multiply to cope with the additional bioload. If so, just do daily water changes until the levels settle back to zero. Smile
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Have I got space? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have I got space?   Have I got space? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:13 am

As above Very Happy i like bigger shoals
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241

Have I got space? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have I got space?   Have I got space? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:47 am

It is nice to have bigger shoals. But that will probably be your limit. Time for a new tank Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw

Have I got space? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have I got space?   Have I got space? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:52 am

a shoal of 10 will look nice charley Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Have I got space? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have I got space?   Have I got space? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:25 am

well done charley on getting some new fish. Are you able to keep them seperate when you get them or are you just going to put them in your main tank?

Just wondered if you were one of those with more than one tank! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241

Have I got space? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have I got space?   Have I got space? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:36 am

Go the MTSers!!
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Sponsored content

Have I got space? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have I got space?   Have I got space? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have I got space?
Page 1 of 1