Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another one gone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Another one gone Empty
PostSubject: Another one gone   Another one gone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:20 am

I've just had to clove oil one of my molly's who was in obvious trouble. He had been fine earlier today, swimming round etc, but tonight I saw him at the front of the tank, sitting on the gravel and stuggling to swim.

I caught him in my hand, couldn't see any obvious problems with him, and returned put him in a small container while I did a 50% water change. I was due to do the water change last weekend but didn't and although the stats had stayed perfect, I thought it might have been something to do with that. Also put the bubbles on to add extra 02 to the tank, just in case it was needed.

Returned to molly to the tank, but no change and it was obvious that he was not going to improve so I did the deed.

I am worried now in case there is a link to the other deaths I have had recently, and dont know if there is anything to do about it except watch and see what happens.
Back to top Go down

Another one gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another one gone   Another one gone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:02 pm

oh i hate havin to do that! hope it all setles ok Diana
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Another one gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another one gone   Another one gone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:57 pm

Aww, Diana - so sorry to hear this. That's three now in the last few weeks isn't it? Sad

If I was you, I'd dose the tank with something like eSHa 2000 - it might not save the fish that are already sick but it might prevent any others getting ill. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another one gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another one gone   Another one gone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another one gone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FISH A&E :: FISH EMERGENCY-
Jump to: