Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ram is enough enough?

Go down 
5 posters

Is it time for fishy heaven?
yes
Ram is enough enough? Vote_lcap25%Ram is enough enough? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
no
Ram is enough enough? Vote_lcap75%Ram is enough enough? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Ram is enough enough? Empty
PostSubject: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:32 am

My last blue ram is suffering from swimbladder problems he is just sat at the bottom can go forwards but not up fish . I have treated with meds for 10 days now and no improvement. The ram seems alert but not doing much. Eating but no a lot. I have read on internet they can live like this fine for years but do you all agree with this or is it cruel and time I ended it?
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:45 am

I abstain from this because of unquestionable reasons! BUT make sure you read up on euthanasia. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:59 am

The question is, is he suffering?

If you hink he is then there is no question, you get the clove oil out and put him to sleep, but if you think he is not suffering, then leave him alone.

Have you tried starving him for a few days? Starve for 3 or 4 days, then mushed up peas for 3 days, then starve again.

After that he will wish you had euthenaised him!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:41 am

Oh that's not an easy choice, I am going to vote no because I think if you thought he was suffering you would have killed him by now! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:07 am

Thanks for all your thoughts its a hard one as I have been watching him and he does not seem to be eating but he must be as he has lived 10 days like this. I think I will just keep an eye on him as the angel and him dont really get on so now the angel may pick on him as he is weak hes been left alone so far though.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:17 am

If he gets picked on that's horrible to see.

Get the clove oil ready just in case.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:00 am

I'm with the others on this, Kelly. If he seems to be just tootling along but is in no discomfort, then I'd say let him be but if he looks to be distressed at any time, then maybe you'll have to do the decent thing. I hope it doesn't come to that though. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:25 am

Im sorry to say the clove oil came out tonight as the poor ram was lying on his side all day and I could not watch him any longer. RIP he was one of my favourite ever fish pale

on a plus note more room to stock yay as I never replaced the female ram that died the male has gone and a cory killed itself. I need some colour in the tank so will have to have a look round.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:06 pm

lol, theres ALWAYS a silver lining somewhere...sorry about your fish though
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:06 am

Awww...so sorry to hear that Kelly. I know you loved your Rams and you did well to keep them so long. Have you considered Kribensis? I think they do better in hardwater and are very pretty IMO. Smile

Ram is enough enough? Kribensis-male-3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:43 am

Funny you should mention that I have just posted about those I would love some but dont know is my grumpy angel would like them think I will give it a go as I would never put rams in hard water again. I was going to use ro water that I use for the marines but it takes too long to filter through so kribs might just be the fish. Very cheap in yorkshire too. Thanks Mary.
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:30 am

As long as the kribs have somewhere to call home, they should be fine with the angel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:35 am

munchycarrot wrote:
As long as the kribs have somewhere to call home, they should be fine with the angel Very Happy

Well that settles it then yay
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:40 am

Dont forget about the need for photo's kelly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:41 am

Kribs are lovely. Pictures please! (MC are they easy to breed and are they good parents) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:58 am

Well if my Rams croak - Kribs. are next on my list. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ram is enough enough?   Ram is enough enough? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ram is enough enough?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FISH A&E :: FISH EMERGENCY-
Jump to: