Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Air bubbles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Air bubbles Empty
PostSubject: Air bubbles   Air bubbles Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:20 pm

Hiya everyone. Well my fishies are all fit and well and seem to enjoy swimming round their new home :lol:

I have bought one of these -

http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/950358/category/893.html

How much bubble should I have going though? It has a little control knob on it that gives sort of misty effect to quite big bubbles but I dont know how is best for the fish.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Air bubbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bubbles   Air bubbles Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Hiya fishfan, glad all you fish are ok. As far as bubbles go, they are not really necessary as long as your filter is causing some disturbance of the waters surface. They are a sort of optional extra!

So, you can adjust the bubbles to suit you and your fish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

Air bubbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bubbles   Air bubbles Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:08 pm

I don't think it matters too much to the fish what size the bubbles are, fishfan, but more what you like the look of. I adjusted my air pump so that the bubbles are about halfway between the mist and the big bubbles.

I have plenty surface disturbance in my tanks but I love the look of the air bubbles so I have the air pump on for just two hours in the evening (8-10pm). If you attach the tubing to a 12" airstone (I bought mine from here), you get a lovely bubble wall effect. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Air bubbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bubbles   Air bubbles Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:41 am

As everyone else said the size doesn't really matter. I like the big bubbles though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Air bubbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bubbles   Air bubbles Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 am

Mary wrote:
I don't think it matters too much to the fish what size the bubbles are, fishfan, but more what you like the look of. I adjusted my air pump so that the bubbles are about halfway between the mist and the big bubbles.

I have plenty surface disturbance in my tanks but I love the look of the air bubbles so I have the air pump on for just two hours in the evening (8-10pm). If you attach the tubing to a 12" airstone (I bought mine from here), you get a lovely bubble wall effect. Smile

They look great Mary! What type of pump do you need to run them and are they noisy/expensive?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

Air bubbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bubbles   Air bubbles Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:42 am

I use the Eheim range - nice and quiet and not too expensive. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Air bubbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bubbles   Air bubbles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air bubbles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FRESHWATER CHAT :: TROPICAL FRESHWATER TOPICS-
Jump to: