Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some pics of my fish

Go down 
+2
Diana
phishy07
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:45 pm

Unfortunately my oscar died Sad i dont know why, stats was all fine, water hardness what it should be (7/Cool so just one of those things. However i HAVE brought 3 baby TIGER oscars Very Happy they're about 1.5inchs at mo so tiiiiiiny and they're sooooooo funny when i feed them. One of them even dared to take the Perch on cos he got in his way 3 times lol and he's about 4 inchs!!

Rang my fish supplier again today and he's going to the wholesalers this afternoon and they've promised him 6 baby red bellies for me yay sooooooo as long as they keep their word should be getting some soon yay yay yay yay yay yay

Anyway will post pics when they FINALLY stay still...not likely!! lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:55 pm

Awww, sorry to hear about the Oscar. That's so sad. But the new baby ones sound lovely. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 8:16 am

Sorry about the Oscar!!! Can't wait to see the red bellies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:30 am

The only 3 pics ive got of my new baby tiger oscars, they just WONT keep still lol!!

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Oscar110

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Oscar210

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Oscar310
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:12 am

Lovely pics! You have some gorgeous fish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 5:18 am

And what you've all been waiting for....

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 110

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 210

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 310

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 410

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 510

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 610
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 5:20 am

soz bout the quality, was with my phone again! Waiting for insurance to pay up for my camera...like drawing blood from a stone!! lol first ones a good one, even if i do say so myself

HOWEVER, they're a LITTLE bigger than i thought, biggest is about 4/5 inchs and ive already put the baby oscars in. They even ventured under the filter where some of the piranhas was hiding and nothing so TOUCH WOOD EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 6:14 am

Oh they're gorgeous phishy07. I have to be blunt though and say that I don't hold out much hope for your baby Oscars... Shocked...but I hope you prove me wrong. Wink
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 6:17 am

I hope i do too...REALLY hope. I watched the woman in the pet shop feed them yesterday and they didnt even want any bloodworm...not fighting and thrashing etc as i would have expected and with them being on the bottom of the tank in the plants for now i thought it be best to add the oscars so they can all settle together...other option would be to wait til oscars are bigger in my other tank but THEN the piranhas would have established that its THEIR tank and the oscars would have really had no hope. So no win situation!
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 6:29 am

Nice Fish!

Lovely scarlet.
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:50 am

Lovely fish!! What do you feed them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:23 pm

Oscars! :lol:
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:56 pm

DONT CURSE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, still full count this morning. if one "disappears" im going to move the other 2 into the 120l tank and just buy 6 more piranhas i think. However, no fatalities or injuries yet...**TOUCHES WOOD!!!!!**

And ive been feeding them on live bloodworm matty, so they dont have to hunt for food, their food comes to them, in theory lol. Feeding them twice a day too so they wont go hungry THEN wont be tempted to eat my oscars :lol: so fingers crossed everyone!!
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:31 am

Thats a lot of food and work!!!
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:13 am

Pic of my plec i took today

fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Plec10
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:37 am

Fabulous photo, Phishy. It's so hard to capture a plec with its dorsal fin upright. It's just a gorgeous specimen. Did you try it with the prawns?
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:48 am

Purdy plec! Mine used to do that until he got to big for the tank!!!
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 10:26 pm

not yet trill, will do soon though cos the piranhas are gonna want some too lol
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:06 am

UPDATE:

I'll have NO "i told you so's!!" cos i already know but...

Oscars have disappeared, one by one. All was well and dandy, been together a week or so and the piranhas was still hiding under the bogwood until feeding time when they came out, but ONLY if you sat completely still or they'd be off like a shot.

So told the bloke in the fish shop i go to (and is actually recommended by PFK ive just found out!) and he said to TRY some danio's in there, to entice the piranhas out of hiding and the theory being that they'll be too quick for the P's to catch. So bought 6 Pearl danios (lovely fish!) and all was well..until 2 days later i woke up and an oscar had gone...next morning another...next morning another.

So im not going to get anymore oscars BUT the danio's are still all intact AND my P'S are coming out of hiding now and not so scared when you enter the room. Tried them on prawns yesterday and they ate them whole...in ONE gulp lol they loved them!! Even let the danio's have a little nibble!!

So no I TOLD YOU SO'S!! lol worth a try, Ps have been known to live with other species so you never know until you try. Anyway, at least they're coming out now and the tank actually looks like it has fish in it, instead of just plants lol!

Other thing is now im NOT risking putting the plecs in which is a MASSIVE problem cos of the 124l tank they're in! Could possibly get a bigger tank but how much weight can upstairs floorboards REALLY take??
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:32 am

Ah no, so sorry to hear that but...Wink
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:38 pm

I'll have your plecs Phishy.... tongue

Seriously, what about an acrylic tank?

You may have to get a survey on the floorboards.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:28 pm

Mary wrote:
Ah no, so sorry to hear that but...Wink

I KNOW I KNOW! lol

Indigoj we're seriously thinking about getting rid of the scarlet anyway cos she only comes out at night and with her being upstairs in our computer room we never see her cos we're downstairs at night which is a shame. I didnt realise plecs could be so timid! My sailfin's a right show off, he NEVER stops and comes to show off at the front of the tank when we're about, me being me thought they was all like that lol. But i am looking for a baby bristlenose for my 54l tank, will one be ok in there? or a goldnugget?? ive seen some lovely ones in a maidenhead shop near me for £15 and they're about 1.5-2 inchs, is this price about right? also the baby bristle noses are £6 and they're ranging from about 5-8cm
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:05 am

phishy07 wrote:
we're seriously thinking about getting rid of the scarlet anyway cos she only comes out at night and with her being upstairs in our computer room we never see her cos we're downstairs at night which is a shame.

Give her some time. It took my Peckoltia three months to poke her nose out during the day. A lot of plecs are nocturnal anyway - my new one spends all its time hiding in its cave but I don't mind if the plecs are shy. It's those rare glimpses that make you realize just how spectacular they are. Wink
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:14 am

£15 for a Gold Nugget is a good price but they will get too big for 54l (between 8-14inches depending on which GN) A bristlie will be fine in 54l though, It could be worth you putting a wanted on aquarist classified for bristlies as you can probably get a little one for about £1-2 from a local breeder rather than £6 in an LFS.

As Mary said, give scarlet time, my GN was super shy for ages and now is out all the time, and my L333's that I got in October have only just started coming out a lot. It could be that your boisterous gibby is also putting her off coming out. He sounds exactly like mine - always out showing off and redecorating the tank for me!
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:31 am

they had the size down as 15cm on the gold nugget the same size as bristlenose, was this incorrect then or does the GN grow faster or something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some pics of my fish   fish - Some pics of my fish - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some pics of my fish
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next