Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's plumeted!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:46 am

Checked my water as normal and I just dont believe this -

Ammonia 0 - topped up
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate about 40!!

Could this have happened so quick? Yesterday the Nitrite was 2 and the Nitrate was only 20 and now it has doubled Shocked

What do I do now? I cant go and get any fish till the weekend so do I just keep on adding ammonia as I am now?

I cant believe it but I think I might be finished! yay
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:55 am

I'm not an expert on fishless cycling but I would say to keep adding the ammonia, Fishfan and test again tomorrow. You need to have 0-0 readings for two consecutive days after which you do an 80% water change to get rid of the nitrates. How fantastic though - exciting stuff! cheers
Back to top Go down

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:57 am

Well done fishfan. I've just been catching up on some of the posts and reading yours and brb's posts on the fishless cycle.

Have you decided what fish you are going to get? You can keep the filter going by just topping up to 2 as you have been doing. On the day you are going to get the fish do your 80% water change to bring the nitrate down, and then just add the fish.

I think that's right anyway - sure someone else will come and say if not.
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:59 am

Yeyyyyyyyy fishfan, mine also disappeared overnight, it's great isn't it? cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:03 am

Finally!!! Keep adding amm. for another day or two, then i would do a WC to get rid of nitrates then its fishy time!
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 8:40 am

Good on ya fishfan, it's worth the wait when you have your fish in the tank Very Happy
Back to top Go down

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Looks like you're going to beat me to it fishfan - good job we didn't have a bet on it. Very Happy

I'm still plodding along slowly but hopefully it wont be long now dunno
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:34 pm

brb98 wrote:
Looks like you're going to beat me to it fishfan - good job we didn't have a bet on it. Very Happy

I'm still plodding along slowly but hopefully it wont be long now dunno

you will get there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:42 am

What size tank have you got brb? I've been going mad drawing up lists of fish to have and probably none of them are suitable - I'll find out soon though I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's plumeted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's plumeted!!!   It's plumeted!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's plumeted!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FRESHWATER CHAT :: TROPICAL FRESHWATER TOPICS-
Jump to: