Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Want to learn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Want to learn Empty
PostSubject: Want to learn   Want to learn Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:06 am

I am getting more and more interested in all things fishy - tropicals essentially, but generally too, how best to look after them, the various species etc. Is there a decent tropical fish mag on the market. I have looked at PFK online but to be truthful am not very impressed by it - I'm sure it's good, but I just dont like the way it's laid out, and how they present their topics etc.

I there another magazine that might be better? How did you all learn so much about fish?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Want to learn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to learn   Want to learn Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:35 am

That's a good question actually charley. I only know of the PFK one, but agree with you, and dont really like it either.

I havent seen any other mags, but tbh it's not something I have looked for seriously.

Any knowledge I have (limited as it is) I have learned from places like this and from people who thank God have been willing to answer all my daft questions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Want to learn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to learn   Want to learn Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 6:04 am

I joined my first fishy forum in 2001. I think the best way i learned things was reading lots of different experiences & opinions from real people who are doing, or have done the things they are talking about.

All the 'daft' questions are the ones that a lot of other people are usually wondering about. It's good to get them out, no matter how silly they seem. You can bet they have been asked before & will be asked again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Want to learn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to learn   Want to learn Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:22 am

WH Smith sell a mag called Tropical Fish magazine (original!). I have only leafed through it briefly but it looked ok. Might be worth having a look at.
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391

Want to learn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to learn   Want to learn Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:25 am

I think i've seen that at p@H
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Want to learn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to learn   Want to learn Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:26 am

I didn't know P@H sold mags - my local one doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241

Want to learn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to learn   Want to learn Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:02 am

PFK is OK. Forums are brilliant! But i have learnt everything i know from reading fishy books! IF you get good ones there is so much info in them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Sponsored content

Want to learn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to learn   Want to learn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want to learn
Page 1 of 1