Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New fish today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:06 am

We got 6 Pseudotropheus Socolofi & 5 Fuelleborni females.

Socolofi...
New fish today DSC_4490

Fuelleborni...
New fish today DSC_4511

Last edited by munchycarrot on Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:55 am

They are lovely Munchycarrot. You get these from a specific breeder dont you, not just the lfs?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:59 am

Yes, all of our fish are from 2 people. One is a serious breeder, the other (where we got these from) just sells on the fry her fish have. They are £8/£9 each in the lfs, she charged us £20 for 11 !! affraid
Back to top Go down

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:15 am

Wow, that's a difference in price isn't it?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:21 am

Yes, we have 40 fish in there so LFS would charge £400 ish, for all of them we paid around £120 in total Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:29 am

Well you're very lucky to have a local breeder, M.C. 'coz at least you know you're getting good, healthy stock instead of the dubious, probably inbred stock that most LFS seem to import these days... Mad
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:02 am

He's a great guy... all he asks is that what people pay for fish covers the cost of running & feeding the tanks. He has kept & bred fish for 35yrs & is the chairman of the north west cichlid group.
He knows what stock we have so will tell us what is & isn't a good idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:08 am

It must be good to have those contacts Mary, especially when you are into a 'speciality' fish. They are lovely though, beautiful fish.
Back to top Go down

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:29 am

I love the fish you get MC. I hadnt even heard of cichlids when I first came on this forum, but now I think they are really lovely fish, and wish I could keep some. I think I'll wait a while for that though until I have a bit of experience.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:34 am

Fishfan wrote:
It must be good to have those contacts Mary, especially when you are into a 'speciality' fish. They are lovely though, beautiful fish.

I wish! It's Munchycarrot that has the good contacts. Smile
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:20 am

Just got a full tank shot, we tap on the lid at feeding time so they get used to the noise, like pavlovs' theory, lol. Anyway, it works at getting them all out!
New fish today Tank1
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:34 am

Oh wow MC, that is a beautiful set up, just with the rocks and fish, it looks really impressive. Well done (she said through gritted teeth Suspect ) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:48 am

Diana wrote:
Well done (she said through gritted teeth Suspect ) Very Happy

lol! All the fish are sulking now because I tapped the lid & didn't feed them New fish today Goldie
Back to top Go down

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 am

That's just cruel! Sad

They'll get their own back next time you want to take a decent photo of them :lol:
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:57 am

That'll be in a min then...they aren't too keen on the new blue lights yet, they all scurry off to bed when we turn the main tank light off. Will go & take a pic now, probably without fish, lol
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:18 am

Very nice, M.C. Now train them to jump through a hoop and I'll be really impressed... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New fish today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fish today   New fish today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New fish today
Page 1 of 1