Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

at a cross roads

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User
kbekl

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2007-12-14

at a cross roads  Empty
PostSubject: at a cross roads    at a cross roads  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:23 am

well hi all how are we seems the forum has got a little quieter over the months or so Crying or Very sad

well what brings me back to the forum is going back over some old pics of the fish i have kept over the years Rolling Eyes

and i also bagged a bargain of a tank i couldn't refuse althou it wasnt what it was listed at crazy

well it was supposed to be a rekord 800 but turned out to be a rekord 120 dunno

so gave me a little dillema as it was supposed to fit in the alcove shark

as you can see it does just about fit but dont sit flush Rolling Eyes

at a cross roads  DSCF0557Large

well the price was only £10 for the tank and stand so carnt argue that much lol Razz

and down to the cross roads cant decide on what to stock (after its been cleaned) not sure if i want cichlids or just normal tropical fish any ideas been used to marine for so long havnt really looked at many freshwater fish recently
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

at a cross roads  Empty
PostSubject: Re: at a cross roads    at a cross roads  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:15 am

hi K that must be the bargain of the year mate well done.
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

at a cross roads  Empty
PostSubject: Re: at a cross roads    at a cross roads  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:08 am

Looks great kb. I wouldnt worry about it not fittng snug, still looks good - or it wil when you have something in it Smile

It is very quiet on here now isnt it which is a shame.

I guess it's up to us to keep using it but with only a few members it is hard to keep things ticking over.

Di mentioned a while ago about closing it down didnt she and we all decided we didnt want that, but it's quieter again now Crying or Very sad

I know I dont come on every day but I would hate it to close down - I like to pop in and have a chat now and again.

Where is Mary as well? She doesn't seem to bother at all now and she's an Admin!!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

at a cross roads  Empty
PostSubject: Re: at a cross roads    at a cross roads  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:52 am

Thats the bargain of the year isn't it!! Brilliant.

I suppose cichlids are the nearest thing to marine in the freshwater side of things -some of them are beautifully coloured and the fact you have you deliberately overstock means you get a decent display.

Fishfan wrote:
Looks great kb. I wouldnt worry about it not fittng snug, still looks good - or it wil when you have something in it Smile

It is very quiet on here now isnt it which is a shame.

I guess it's up to us to keep using it but with only a few members it is hard to keep things ticking over.

Di mentioned a while ago about closing it down didnt she and we all decided we didnt want that, but it's quieter again now Crying or Very sad

I know I dont come on every day but I would hate it to close down - I like to pop in and have a chat now and again.

Where is Mary as well? She doesn't seem to bother at all now and she's an Admin!!

I think the forum is getting quieter. The people who used to post on an almost daily basis don't any more and that has a huge effect when the forum is small anyway.

It's not a criticism of anyone - we all have a real life and that takes priority, it's just the way it is.

I haven't 'spoken' to Mary for quite some time now but I think she is giving forums a miss so am not sure when she will be back on to be honest.

At the end of the day, it is a forum that is there for its members. If those members decide that it isn't needed any more then that is the way it is.

It all depends on whether people think it is still serving a purpose really
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

at a cross roads  Empty
PostSubject: Re: at a cross roads    at a cross roads  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

at a cross roads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FRESHWATER CHAT :: TROPICAL FRESHWATER TOPICS :: GENERAL FRESHWATER TOPICS-
Jump to: