Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boyu wave maker WM-2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User
kbekl

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Boyu wave maker WM-2 Empty
PostSubject: Boyu wave maker WM-2   Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:20 am

Well i purchased a boyu wavemaker wm-2

This is a wave maker with a controller for under ?60 and ideal for smaller tanks

it arrived with instructions in english and chinese (or japanese) and was pritty simple to figure out

the actual unit is well made with access to both front and rear sections of the pump via a pull off cover the impellor shaft is ceramic and the actual unit seems well built and solid

the power supply is rather large tho and comes with a 2 pin/blade plug which i changed to a uk plug

the controler is a simple design which uses dials for the setting's i have the wm-2 which is the uint for a single pump their are other variations of the controller depending on which model you go for (wm-3, wm-4)

over all with a cost of ?58 imo it is a very good unit and has a flow of 3000lph so isnt much more than the equivilent korallia also the unit is silent in operation their is no nosie from it at all

here is a video of it in use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XbdtuxTMsk
Back to top Go down
Grampa
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
Grampa

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Boyu wave maker WM-2   Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 am

Hi kbekl....That looks a fancy piece of kit you've just got yourself, ive never owned Saltys but they've always fascinated me. I was always going to set up a tank but never got round to it because quiet simply my bottle would go with all these expensive fish in there.

So I'm kinda a Salt Virgin so to speak, am I right in thinking that the wave maker will recreate a more natural habitat for your fish ?
Back to top Go down
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User
kbekl

PostSubject: Re: Boyu wave maker WM-2   Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:04 am

that is correct it makes the tank have a more natural flow bit like the waves

salty side is as expensive as you make it

ok you cant get fish for under £5 but their are some lovly fish for £5-£20

its not just the fish that make this hobby have a read here and see what you think

https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com/marine-articles-f24/why-keep-a-marine-aquarium-t2725.htm

the expensive side is the setup but other than that thier isnt much difference in the maintainace
Back to top Go down
Grampa
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
Grampa

PostSubject: Re: Boyu wave maker WM-2   Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:29 am

kbekl wrote:
that is correct it makes the tank have a more natural flow bit like the waves

salty side is as expensive as you make it

ok you cant get fish for under £5 but their are some lovly fish for £5-£20

its not just the fish that make this hobby have a read here and see what you think

https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com/marine-articles-f24/why-keep-a-marine-aquarium-t2725.htm

the expensive side is the setup but other than that thier isnt much difference in the maintainace

Jeeez kbekl, after reading that I think i'll just stick to looking after my lovely cat.

Seriously though, most of the salt water variety are truly stunning, the colours are amazing so they are, although I got rid of my tanks the interest still remains. I cant seem to walk past a fish shop without popping in for a wee nosey around but to be honest it was becoming a real chore for me. I work long hours and when I come home the grand children are usually hanging around waiting on there Mum picking them up, so ive got enough on my hands to keep me bizzy.

The last set up I had was a Discus tank (Vision 260) with a sand bottom and to be quiet honest the sand was really hard to keep clean, I was for ever hoovering it until I stripped it down and replaced the sand with gravel.

I was looking at your other tank photos and there well cool, especially like the cabinet.

Anyways hope you get on .o.k. with your new product and if it recreates a more natural habitat for your fish then thats an achievement......Well Done You........... Boyu wave maker WM-2 745864

Oh...Btw, this is the cabinet I was talking about.... Boyu wave maker WM-2 775391 Boyu wave maker WM-2 2542c675
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Boyu wave maker WM-2   Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 am

Looks good kb, is that the tank all sorted now then?
Back to top Go down
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User
kbekl

PostSubject: Re: Boyu wave maker WM-2   Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:40 am

Gertrude Barkley, thats a long time ago that tank lol i went to the salty side when i had that one the stand was fun converting

no dianna as a problem has just arrisen that is detrimental to the tank

i have decided to go bigger lmao Boyu wave maker WM-2 13213

here is the new tank

Boyu wave maker WM-2 010_8

It is just the tank only but their you go lol
Back to top Go down
Grampa
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
Grampa

PostSubject: Re: Boyu wave maker WM-2   Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:46 am

WOW Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_cool Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_eek Thats brilliant..........must look even better (if thats possible) at night with the room lights off.
Back to top Go down
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User
kbekl

PostSubject: Re: Boyu wave maker WM-2   Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 am

if you have alook at some of the pics in the diary section and the pic section in the marine section then their is pics of the 5ft and 4ft in the dark with the blue led's and actinics on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boyu wave maker WM-2   Boyu wave maker WM-2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boyu wave maker WM-2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: MARINE SECTION :: MARINE TOPICS :: MARINE CHAT-
Jump to: