Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hi all

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deetheman_6

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-12-30

hi all Empty
PostSubject: hi all   hi all Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:17 am

hi all P1030494
Hi people just to tell you know gn pleco is eating very well now i was just wondering how often should i be feeding the greedy big i'm currently giveing him 3 to 4 inch pieces of cucumber and cougette every other day and he eating it all apart for the skin by the morning and on friday either a cockle or mussel again gone by the morning please advise would be greatfull ps does'nt seem bothered by flakes or waffers

dtm
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi all   hi all Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:05 am

Hiya deetm. I have 2 BN's in my tropical tank, and I feed them about 4 times a week, sometimes a bit more with a variety of stuff - fruit, veggies, wafers etc.
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi all   hi all Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:14 am

OK - cucumber doesnt have much in the way of nutrients (to a fish) so whilst they love the taste - dont use it as a staple (what goes in comes out and all plecs are pooing machines)

OK -I have 4 Bristlenose plecs (2 regular 2 starry) 1 Snowball (LDA33) and now a Candy Stripe L015 - the latter 2 are muich like GN's in that they are omnivors (personally I put all BN's inthe same omnivore bag too)

Here is my Plec feeding diary for a week (bear in mind I have garras and corys as well as other bottom dwellers to feed - this diet covers all of em)

This is for evenings - in the morning my regular fish get fed (but the greedy so n so's called plecs raid that too Very Happy)

Monday = Half a courgette (split in half again), 4 Romaine Lettuce leaves, 4 Algae wafers, carnivore pellets, protein pellets, regular catfish pellets, catfish tabs, 8 regular generic 'sinking wafers'

Tuesday = Nothing (its pellet day in themorning so they are covered)

Wednesday = Half courgette (split), Slice apple, slice of sweet potato, 4 Algae wafers, carnivore pellets, protein pellets, regular catfish pellets, catfish tabs, 8 regular generic 'sinking wafers'

Thursday = Nothing

Friday = Half courgette (split), Slice apple, slice of sweet potato, 4 Algae
wafers, carnivore pellets, protein pellets, regular catfish pellets,
catfish tabs, 8 regular generic 'sinking wafers'

Saturday = 4" Slice Of cucumber, (split), 4 Algae
wafers, carnivore pellets, protein pellets, regular catfish pellets,
catfish tabs, 8 regular generic 'sinking wafers'

Sunday - Nothing for the whole tank all day

Thats the base feed - but other 'treats' the get at unfixed days are

Peas (cooked, n squished), Water Cress, Spinach, Mango, Pineapple, Fresh salmon, Fresh Trout, Prawns (the cooked peeled type)

other things ive found my plecs (or ancistrus Very Happy) are pigs for include

earthworms (and earthworm flakes), Garlic Flake, Beef heart Flake (only feed small amounts), Spirulina Flake, General Vegetarian Flake, Brine shrimp flake.

Basically - you need to experiment and see what theyll eat - of course 'live food' (easier to get frozen ones) such as bloodworms and anything else the shop has - will go down a storm - and all your fish will have a go at them too

You may find this link useful

http://www.planetcatfish.com/cotm/cotm.php?article_id=93
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi all   hi all Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:33 am

For the plecs, I add algae tabs. twice a week and fresh veg. twice a week but on different days. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi all   hi all Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FRESHWATER CHAT :: TROPICAL FRESHWATER TOPICS :: General Pleccy Chat-
Jump to: