Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DROPSY?????

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

dropsy - DROPSY????? Empty
PostSubject: DROPSY?????   dropsy - DROPSY????? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:36 am

One of my Black Moors died yesterday - he had been spending a bit of time at the top of the tank, but nothing much else wrong (no signs of illness), and then I find him dead. Anyway, the sole remaining goldfish, another black moor is now looking a bit suss too.

All the scales on each side of his tummy area are sticking out a bit, like he has a band of rough scales that go right round the abdomen. He is swimming ok, eating ok, but is now starting to spend some time at the top of the tank.

I am suspecting dropsy, so am going to try and get some meds tomorrow for it - in the meantime I am just keeping the lights off. Just hope I manage to catch it in time Sad
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

dropsy - DROPSY????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DROPSY?????   dropsy - DROPSY????? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 pm

sorry to hear that diana hope you do catch it in time - have you had them a long time too.

fingers and fins crossed as rich would say.

dekker
Back to top Go down

DROPSY?????
Page 1 of 1