Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted: Bedroom furniture

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Wanted: Bedroom furniture Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Bedroom furniture   Wanted: Bedroom furniture Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:13 am

Hi guys im looking to be moving soon and I am wondering where is a decent place to be buy some bedroom furniture from?

I am mainly after wardrobe, pc desk/chair and some drawers

Ihave checked the likes of Argos, Ikea etc however just wondering if you know of any other sites or places

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Bedroom furniture   Wanted: Bedroom furniture Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:46 am

sorry GD, they are the only places I could think of. I think you can get some decent bargains in Ikea if you take the time to go and look at your local store, they dont always show up online..
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Bedroom furniture   Wanted: Bedroom furniture Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:02 am

oki doki cheers diana. Think Ikea is the best option as argos seems a wee bit flimy. I just wann move then its marine fishy time! ill be keeping a diary on here Very Happy

oh no back to the dodgy camera snaps lol
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Bedroom furniture   Wanted: Bedroom furniture Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:34 am

IME Argos furniture is cheap 'n' cheerful but doesn't have great longevity. Ikea seems a bit more sturdy but putting the stuff together will prob do your head in. If it was me, I'd try to find some decent furniture shop that has ready-assembled furniture that's not too expensive. We have several here but I don't think they're UK firms so the names wouldn't be of any use to you. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Bedroom furniture   Wanted: Bedroom furniture Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:51 am

argos stuff is fine - if your good at diy and dont mind strengthening the draws

I did my room two yaears ago with argos stuff and the draws on the main chest well, the bottom trays are falling out and need decent fictures to fix em.

At the end of the day - its a matter of budget and Ikea may well be a better option - the problem with most flatpack items is that they are designed to come apart and to be put together easily - sadly they dont know when we want them to do so and do it ontheir own.

If you can spend a bit a bit more - it pays to go to a decent pine furniture store - most will deliver for you as well and certain last longer than any flatpack (you can paint em to suit your needs if necessary as well)
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Bedroom furniture   Wanted: Bedroom furniture Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:41 pm

i would say ikea too G.D my daughter got some stuff a few weeks ago and its very good

dekker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Bedroom furniture   Wanted: Bedroom furniture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Bedroom furniture
Page 1 of 1