Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cave for plec

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:45 am

where do you buy caves for plec,has any one got cave pic.ACER
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:01 am

ebay usually has a selection. Alternatively, most LFS have various fake cave decor or, if you're feeling adventurous, you could always try making one from bits of slate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:05 am

wave thanks acer
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 am

No prob. Smile
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:09 am

souds like your beginning to enjoy yourself on here now acer soon be on as much as the rest of us computer

dekker
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:11 am

A much easier way is to get two clay plant pots (you have a fair sized plec so you need decent sized pots) with aquarium sealnt silicone - glue the two pots together (at the wide open ends) leave ot for 24hours or so to set - when done - take a small hammer and either tap out a small hole in one end of the tube or use the claw feet to prizze a bit iut (same result)

or as above have a look on ebay (be sure of the size) or make your own.

Another good pleccy cave is the old fashioned clay drain pipes - but these can be hard to find these days so plastic is another option but a bit unsightly looking - the clay pots are good as you can get java moss and algae to grow on them and it looks more natural.

If your unsure of your nuilding skills with silicone and slate - you can make temporary caves with slate by resting them at a sloped angle against other rocks in the tank BUT plecs are strong fish and can move such items so be sure everything is secure and not going to hit the tank glass if it drops.

For the size of your plec - you should be looking at about £15 for a shop bough large cave

These are slate caves but are not big enough for your plec - just to show you the style

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3x-Slate-Breeding-Caves-Aquarium-for-Bristlenose-Plecs_W0QQitemZ220366534213QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item220366534213&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

This I would say is ideal for your plec and a good price (even with postage)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PLECO-PLEC-BREEDING-CAVE-CERAMIC-CAVE-14cm-X-3-7cm-Sz4_W0QQitemZ110301048384QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item110301048384&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

but - remember - your plec will grow big - be sure you can house it - if not - take it back to lfs and if they get funny about it - suggest that the RSPCA, Trading Standards, and the Local Council would be very intersted in a shop selling unsuitable fish.
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks for the advice,i will have ago with the plant pots.Acer wave
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:04 am

my plec didnt like the plant pots so got 3 bits of bogwood and cobbled a cave out of that he just likes to hide his top half and god help any other fish that gets near it, he chased the angel around the tank3 times when she stuck her nose near it ,lucky theres a lid on the tank or the dogs would have had a fish supper that night,
Back to top Go down

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:20 am

going to bed now my head hurts. lol, acer. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 am

Night, acer. Smile
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:51 pm

hope you get fixed up with a cave or two acer.

dekker
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:57 am

Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:37 am

Nice bargain, Rich but aren't they kind of, errrm, ugly.? silent
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:41 am

That looks like a hight rise flat for pl;ecs!
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:48 am

Fishfan wrote:
That looks like a high rise flat for plecs!

Spot-on! Pleccy chav land... laughing
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:49 am

Just have to keep an eye out for all the Sky dishes on the side laughing
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:50 am

lol!
Back to top Go down

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:02 am

I wonder if it has a concierge? and maybe a gym in the basement? Little plecs doing push ups every morning and then gojng for a swim in the pool lol
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:26 am

could be a bit noisy if the plecs in the top flats have partys. lol

dekker
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 am

you only get 4 for £10 - yes they are a tad unsightly like that - but thats not amn issue - trust me on this (you should know me by now Wink )

Bt time ive put them in the tank (and I'll probably only use two anyway) you wont see them - not with the enormous mat of java moss that arrived today Very Happy (or will hide em behind other decor)

No uglier than drainpipes etc me thinks Wink - I also know that they work better if they are somewhat buried in gravel - as this is more natural behavior for plecs anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:42 am

I'm sure you'll do a bee-yoot-iful job of prettifying them, Rich. I have great faith in you and I look forward to the photos. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:14 pm

do you think textured wall paper is a bit too much? I already decided against chandaliers
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:45 pm

looking forward to pics rich.

dekker
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Rich wrote:
do you think textured wall paper is a bit too much? I already decided against chandaliers

Just a tad. Unless it's the flock wallpaper - so very 1970s Indian restaurant. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:55 am

ooohhh flock - retro caves - now youve got me thinking - may have to buy em a rubix cube n space hopper as well Very Happy (showing my age - which is rather sad whe you consider im one of the younger members here Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cave for plec Empty
PostSubject: Re: cave for plec   cave for plec Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cave for plec
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next