Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IMPROVEMENT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

IMPROVEMENT Empty
PostSubject: IMPROVEMENT   IMPROVEMENT Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:32 am

Thanks for all the advice about my poorly fish, friends.

Things seem to be settling down with them now, and the poorly looking ones are now swimming about a bit more.

I have a bit more room in my living room these days, and could fit a bigger tank in. Perhaps a 3 footer? How long should I leave it do you think before putting the fish through that.

Reading chez's thread, it looks like it can be a pretty big job and they have been moved about quite a bit lately, and didnt do well after it, so I dont want to lose them all.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

IMPROVEMENT Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENT   IMPROVEMENT Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:58 am

Given their recent traumas, I'd give it a couple of weeks at least, Fishfan but if you're keen to get a bigger tank, you could be cycling it (with some of your original media) while you're waiting. Wink
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

IMPROVEMENT Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENT   IMPROVEMENT Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:47 pm

I agree with MAry. I wouldnt think of moveing them again, although I would leave it a couple of months to make sure no illnesses are going to spring up after the uoset they have been through.

It's great you are thinking of getting a new tank though - have you seen one you like?
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

IMPROVEMENT Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENT   IMPROVEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:07 am

Havent really looked seriously, althoug the new tank of chez's looks good doesnt it! Something like that would look great in my living room Smile
Back to top Go down

IMPROVEMENT Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENT   IMPROVEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:06 pm

If you are putting the tank in another place it wouldn't be too much hassel i would say.
i had to put it in the same place i had the 3ft.so it was more hassel.
but a least now thats behind me, unless of course Elvis decides he is going to get bigger
than 15inch then i will just have to go for the 6ft but i can't come out of the alchove no more
so i couldn't get a 24in depth unless i alter the room round and buy another suite.lol
all this for ONE FISH
Shocked
go for it Fishfan, you know you want to Smile
Back to top Go down

IMPROVEMENT Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENT   IMPROVEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Hiya fishfan wave. Sorry you have had a few poorly fish. Hope they all settle down now and get well for you. As for ther new tank, I am just thinking about the same thing myself - I only have a smalish tank and would love to have something like a 3 or 4 footer

Delusions of greandeur going on here laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IMPROVEMENT Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENT   IMPROVEMENT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPROVEMENT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FRESHWATER CHAT :: TROPICAL FRESHWATER TOPICS :: GENERAL FRESHWATER TOPICS-
Jump to: