Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aquarium water change

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Aquarium water change Empty
PostSubject: Aquarium water change   Aquarium water change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 am

Ok, so i've always wanted an aquarium, reason I didn't want one was because I had to change the water. My neighbor got this thing,
http://hiq-usa.com/zero_water_exhange_aquarium_filtration_kit.asp. Has anyone on here tried one and can give me more information on it? I'm familiar with the technology sort of, I just never had an aquarium before.

Ty
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium water change   Aquarium water change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:14 am

That link doesn't work, LDP. Wink
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium water change   Aquarium water change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:44 am

Yeah, Ive just tried it too and nothing happens. Try this one though, -
https://hiq-usa.com/zero_water_exchange_tech.asp

It looks an interesting theory, but I would be concerned that at some point the blocks and balls would become 'clogged' up with the waste that would accumulate there. The amount of gunk I rinse out of my filter every couple of weeks is amazing. I dread to think how much would accumulate in a few months or weeks!

Aquarium water change 3199 to TFF by the way! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium water change   Aquarium water change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:59 pm

sounds good but I cant see how this would work long term! It would be good to have heard a few reviews from people who have used it long term as to how good it was. Also it says that you wait a week or something and then add the fish - no cycling the tank to get the bacteria built up??

I wouldnt try it myself, unless it was in a small tank as a try out. I quite like having control over what goes on n the tank - and it makes you keep an eye on the fish too and check their health too.

be interesting to hear how you get on with it if you decide to give it a go, but I wouldnt use it.
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium water change   Aquarium water change Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Cant get the link to work im afraid.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium water change   Aquarium water change Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:34 am

Have you tried the link in my post GD, that works ok for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium water change   Aquarium water change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aquarium water change
Page 1 of 1