Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frayed tailsfin

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Frayed tailsfin Empty
PostSubject: Frayed tailsfin   Frayed tailsfin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:52 pm

Hiya everyone. Well I know I havent been around for a while, but thought it was about time I came and got reaquainted :lol: I also have a bit of a problem.

I had two goldfish - fantail and blackmoor and a few weeks ago went and bought another little goldfish (dont know what type but it's really tiny). Thing is my lovely fantail tail is now looking raggedy and I have seen the newbie fish trying to chew on it a couple of times.

Is this why the tail is splitting, and if so how do I stop it? What can I do to repair it?

Any advice would be great, thanks everyone
Back to top Go down

Frayed tailsfin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frayed tailsfin   Frayed tailsfin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:26 am

not sure carol but i think this can be a problem when you keep fancy goldfish like the fantails with ordinary goldfish, and i dont know theres a lot you can do about it.

treat the tank with melafix will help the tail to heal, and keep a close eye on your water stats to keep everything clean. Other than that i am not sure how you can stop it other than taking the newbie fish back to the shop
Back to top Go down

Frayed tailsfin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: OTHER CRITTERS :: COLDWATER AND PONDS-
Jump to: