Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albino tiger barbs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Albino tiger barbs Empty
PostSubject: Albino tiger barbs   Albino tiger barbs Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:20 pm

As ive had them a couple of weeks now theyre colours are showing up really nicely. But ive noticed a couple of them has illuminous orange fins and other dont so im assuming that these are the differences in sex, but i cant find info on sexing them anywhere so thought Is post on here incase anyone knows??

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Albino tiger barbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino tiger barbs   Albino tiger barbs Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:56 pm

Found this 'elsewhere', it might help.

Sexing: When mature, male tiger barbs will show bright red noses, his dorsal fin will have a red line above the mainly black fin and his ventral fins will turn bright red. When in spawning condition or fighting for a higher “rank” in the shoal, the males stripes turn a slight metallic green colour. And the tips to his upper body scales turn almost black and shine bright orange in certain light.
The females however, keep their pale yellow noses (may turn slightly pale red at times, which makes it tricky to determine their sex in store). They only show a small area of red at the tip of the dorsal fins, and ventral fins will stay pale red. In females, their stripes stay black.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Albino tiger barbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino tiger barbs   Albino tiger barbs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:48 am

yeh i found that one as well, thanks diana, mine have bright orange noses`so could be the same i assume?
Back to top Go down

Albino tiger barbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino tiger barbs   Albino tiger barbs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 7:07 am

How many of them do you have phishy? Are you going to breed them - it seems this is a fertile forum :lol:
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Albino tiger barbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino tiger barbs   Albino tiger barbs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 am

ive got 6 tardis, theyre lovely fish, although VERY lively lol
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740

Albino tiger barbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino tiger barbs   Albino tiger barbs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:32 am

I really liked my tiger barbs and green tiger barbs but they all died at exactly the same time Sad I think it was down to a power surge though.

I reckon you are right - the ones with bright orange noses will be males. Hey hope they do breed for you!
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Albino tiger barbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino tiger barbs   Albino tiger barbs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:46 am

yeh i do too lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Albino tiger barbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino tiger barbs   Albino tiger barbs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albino tiger barbs
Page 1 of 1