Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Been thinking

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:46 am

We're thinking of doing away with the community fish affraid

We have 3 rummy nose tetra, 8 black widow tetra, 24 cardinal tetra, 2 female barbs, 1 honey gourami, 12 glowlight tetra and 2 kribs to get rid of (I think)

I have 2 bristlies & paddington (clown plec) and 3 polka dot loaches & 4 zebra loach which will stay (i think, lol)

I can then move the 45 big baby Malawi's into that tank as a growing on tank. Not sure how the loaches will be with the Malawi's so if anyone has any clue, just yell Very Happy

It's a bit of a shame & i'm not 100% yet but I never really bother with them apart from water changing & feeding them, we really need the room too
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:50 am

Thats a shame! But it's good you are devoting space to the malawis!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:04 am

What will you do with the fish munchy - sell or give back to the lfs?
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:11 am

(Bunged this in fishy forum!!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:16 am

Thanks Matt, you're on the ball tonight! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:21 am

Ta cocker crazy

Well i'll sell 'em if I can Diana, need the money to get my hands on a tetratec ex700. The lfs who would trade has a massive mark up on the external filters so it wouldn't be worth a trade there dunno
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:51 am

are they a breeding pair of kribs MC, if so I know a guy (my dad) who may be interested
Back to top Go down

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:18 am

There ya go munchy, some off your hands already Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:11 pm

They haven't bred yet GD, they have tried to claim a cave but every time they try, the loaches go barging in!
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:45 am

Well...

We traded all the community fish in at the LFS & got a £30 credit note. We bought a bag of coral sand & a new background to match the other tank.

We stripped the whole tank down & removed the play sand, plants & fish.

We've refilled it & at the moment it's got 7 loaches, 1 clown plec & 2 bristlies in. When I am sure the pH matches the fry tank, the big fry will be moved into the new tank.
It looks soooooo much better having 2 tanks that look similar. We also found another white light tube in the cupboard so swapped them over as we wont have any plants.
I'll go take a pic after i've hoovered & dried everywhere :lol:
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:55 am

ah good new Stef, Ill have to have a looksie when i bring your Fluval 2 back Smile
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:09 am

Sounds good - I bet the fry will appreciate the extra space. Look forward to your pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:41 am

I'll post pics in a bit, Ben's just getting them off the camera (I'll post em in the Cichlid forum)
We've now got tiny fry in the net (34 of them), they will be released in a week when they are big enough to swim faster.
The small fry (about 40) have the 70L to themselves. They are huddled up in the same corner still, lol
The 45 bigger fry have the 180L and it looks fab! It's pretty murky but they are swimming around like idiots. The loaches are out and swimming with the fry. I've never seen them out so much! Paddington hasn't moved off his wood, I don't think he's even noticed anythings changed Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Been thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been thinking   Been thinking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been thinking
Page 1 of 1